Really, REALLY thought I had a cache...

Schweddy

Elite Member
So I'm at an old picnic grove next to a beach. It's all woods now. I've found several late 1800's and early 1900's coins there. Also plenty of nice relics.
Anyway I get a strong signal on the etrac and get diggin. About a foot down I see rounded glass with writing. When I reach down with the pinpointer, it sounds off. Oh boy!
But - I could not get it loose. It was wedged in roots. I ran back to the car to get a shovel. When I finally got it loose, I pull it out and it still has its lid and is full of......sand. Beach sand. The pinpointer was sounding off on the unseen lid. Apparently some kid's souvenir from the beach.
Wah wah wah...
So...at least it seems like its a semi collectible jar. "Atlas Strong Shoulder Mason" on the front. "H over A - 5057 - 7" on the bottom. Lid has the porcelain lining.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,138
At least its not like last year at this time or you are not a little ways east! I dug a couple nice coins with the CTX tonight!

I bet your heart was pounding digging that jar up! It's a nice one...sorry it didn't have lots of silver in it!

Nice old bottle though!! Mine have all been broken with that lid and nothing else around them. Except one underwater full of some liquid which I left there.

Hopefully one day you will get one that rattles!!

The H A on the bottom is the jar manufacturer. It is the Anchor Hocking company. They are still in business and make a big variety of glassware products.

Anchor Hocking Company is a manufacturer of glassware that is part of EveryWare Global Inc.. The Hocking Glass Company was founded in 1905 by Isaac Jacob (Ike) Collinsi in Lancaster, Ohio and named for the Hocking River.

That company merged with the AnchorCap and Closure Corporations in 1937. From 1937-1983 the company operated the oldest glass manufacturing facility in the United States, established in 1863, in Salem, New Jersey. Plant #44 is located in Monaca, Pennsylvania. It also had facilities in Elmira, New York and Streator, Illinois

The H A on the bottom is the jar manufacturer. It is the Anchor Hocking company. They are still in business and make a big variety of glassware products.

Anchor Hocking Company is a manufacturer of glassware that is part of EveryWare Global Inc.. The Hocking Glass Company was founded in 1905 by Isaac Jacob (Ike) Collinsi in Lancaster, Ohio and named for the Hocking River.

That company merged with the AnchorCap and Closure Corporations in 1937. From 1937-1983 the company operated the oldest glass manufacturing facility in the United States, established in 1863, in Salem, New Jersey. Plant #44 is located in Monaca, Pennsylvania. It also had facilities in Elmira, New York and Streator, Illinois

Not Anchor Hocking! See these a lot bottle digging and they are Hazel Atlas jars. Wolf

Don't worry

They'll come, just keep looking. It's a matter of time. I was hunting a NYC Park, an old park, and I was up on a hill, and digging silver coins, nd ran into a few old bottles. So I called my hunting buddy who in another area, because I had dug a couple of Barbers, he can and not 50 ft from me, by the rocks where the old bottles were, he dug a jar just like yours with 1680.00 dollars wrapped in paper and aluminum, so it's the luck of the draw...

Philo

Back
Top Bottom