Awesome find!!!

Ya the guy that owns that store is tighter than a frogs a$$ . He's a nice guy but is cheap except for what he sells lol nothing cheap there.
Im really amazed at the fact there are any BnM shops left nowadays. How do these places even stay in biz? The guy's not cheap, he trying to make a living. I honestly don't know how my local rare coin place does it. He's trying to stay afloat what with property tax/lease, mortgage, light bill, insurance, payroll, etc, and still make a little profit...you catch my drift. Sure, you might get a few bucks more elsewhere, but I gladly support these places for their expertise and other reasons, and I'm willing to pay a bit more sometimes, just to help keep them in business.

Im really amazed at the fact there are any BnM shops left nowadays. How do these places even stay in biz? The guy's not cheap, he trying to make a living. I honestly don't know how my local rare coin place does it. He's trying to stay afloat what with property tax/lease, mortgage, light bill, insurance, payroll, etc, and still make a little profit...you catch my drift. Sure, you might get a few bucks more elsewhere, but I gladly support these places for their expertise and other reasons, and I'm willing to pay a bit more sometimes, just to help keep them in business.

I used to work in a stamp and coin shop part-time for awhile while I was going to college. The owner had a full-time job with the federal government, and paid his help diddly-squat. He sold a TON of coins on fleabay, and had some regular customers that did walk-in purchases, too. The secret is buy low sell high, which is the secret to all successful business, I think. But mainly the fleabay sales kept the shop open, and he made a living with his full-time job--the shop was basically a hobby.

Very cool. Yeah watch out for coin shops they will low ball ya most times. Sure, they have to make a living, but you need to look out for your best interests as well. Did you research any of the coins before you sold them? Any "CC" morgans? Even in extremely worn condition they bring a premium. Coin shop guys like giving a flat low cost and hope perhaps a customer misses a key date!

Back
Top Bottom