Beach parking

Beachscanner

In Memory Of
For those of us that have to pay for parking at the beach, please share the amount and hours. The beaches I go to are $2.00 per hour from 8 am - midnight, up to $10 for the day.

One local beach charges a dollar an hour. One $7.50 per day during the week and $10.00 on the weekend. A couple commercial lots charge 10 per day. I do everything I can to keep from paying to park. I can usually find a free space within walking distance of where I plan on hunting. Of course on the weekends during the summer even pay to park spaces are at a premium.

Hampton NH is $2 per hour for municipal or $10 per day for private.

Clearwater (FL) - $2.50/hr or $20-35/day
Indiatlantic (FL) - $3 / hr
Melbourne (FL) - limited free parking, $3/hr, and $20-35/day
Jupiter (FL) - limited free parking, $3/hr and $20-35/day
Hollywood (FL) - $2.50/hr or $20-35/day
Jacksonville (FL) - limited free parking, $10/day, and $20/day
St Augustine (FL) - limited free parking, $2/hr, and $5-25/day
Daytona (FL) - limited free parking, $2.50/hr, $10/day, and $25/day

I'll be honest... I usually find enough to cover parking in the areas that have coin meters and charge by the hour. In JAX, Daytona, St. Aug and Hollywood, I scarcely find more than $2 in clad during a four hour hunt.

Clearwater has been stupid high on parking costs as long as I have known. LONG time ago I spent 2 weeks down in Sarasota and decided to run up to try detecting on the CW beach.... until I saw the parking costs, and the need to constantly come back and feed a meter. I turned around and went back to Sarasota and kept enjoying the beach there.

Four parking spots

75.oo a year

75.oo a year

Senior's free

15.oo a day

12 $ a day

Bathrooms, changing rooms, huge low tide wet sand area. Next to no one detecting MY beach. Always find enough to cover expenses Who is crazy enough to pay 12 bucks to detect when the others are free.....duh

Bathrooms, changing rooms, huge low tide wet sand area. Next to no one detecting MY beach. Always find enough to cover expenses Who is crazy enough to pay 12 bucks to detect when the others are free.....duh

I go to the bathroom right out in the Lake or on the beach! I change out of my wet gear right there on the sidewalk where I park by the fence! Nobody ever notices, I just up and do it..Coming out of that cold water after a few hours soak?,,."Nothing to see here"..:laughing:

What if a guy has a handicap plate? Do you still have to pay to park?:?:

In Florida....YES....but you might get a shady spot under a palm tree :lol:
cf6d17a8c1d04732bf7b5ba34b5f7086.jpg

Funny-birds-in-Florida-in-a-hot-summer.jpg

Clearwater (FL) - $2.50/hr or $20-35/day
Indiatlantic (FL) - $3 / hr
Melbourne (FL) - limited free parking, $3/hr, and $20-35/day
Jupiter (FL) - limited free parking, $3/hr and $20-35/day
Hollywood (FL) - $2.50/hr or $20-35/day
Jacksonville (FL) - limited free parking, $10/day, and $20/day
St Augustine (FL) - limited free parking, $2/hr, and $5-25/day
Daytona (FL) - limited free parking, $2.50/hr, $10/day, and $25/day

I'll be honest... I usually find enough to cover parking in the areas that have coin meters and charge by the hour. In JAX, Daytona, St. Aug and Hollywood, I scarcely find more than $2 in clad during a four hour hunt.

What is bad is Jax beach charges even the handicap to park even though its state law. They make their own laws:roll:. Will say i never paid to park. Too easy parking a couple streets over and walking. Plus not sure if you saw the news at Jax beach where two NFL players settling a beef ended with one getting sugar in his tank? You pay but not for protection from vandalism:wow:

What if a guy has a handicap plate? Do you still have to pay to park?:?:

Not legally. But a guy the other day said his boss said to charge. Might be a good legal case:laughing:

Florida Statute 316.1964 - Exemption of vehicles transporting certain persons who have disabilities from payment of parking fees and penalties: (1) A state agency, county, municipality, or any agency thereof, may not exact any fee for parking on the public streets or highways or in any metered parking space from the driver of a vehicle that displays a disabled parking permit or a license plate issued under s. 316.1958 or s. 320.0848 or a license plate issued under s. 320.084, s. 320.0842, s. 320.0843, or s. 320.0845 if the vehicle is transporting the person who has a disability and to whom the disabled parking permit or license plate was issued.

If you are retired in CA and get S.S. and it’s under a certain amount, you can get a Golden State parking pass for $5 per year. Otherwise it’s around $200 yearly for the State Beaches.

Park all day for nothing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No you are wrong, it costs a minimum of $75 a day to park anywhere near a Michigan beach and your windows will get broken and they will steal your lunch too. $125 a day if you can actually see the water from your parking spot.

It's just not worth it folks, don't come here! The water is so cold it's slushy in August! The women wear heavy wool suits that cover them from head to toe and there is no good food here either.

Go To Florida!!!

Back
Top Bottom