Day 303 - Does This Count?

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
For one reason or another I decided to peek at my junk finds yesterday. I kind of fingered through it and noticed a chain that looked interesting. I remember when I found it I looked at the clasp, but there was no mark and due to the discoloration, I figured it was junk. But now, I remembered in winter '17, I found a couple 10K rings that were also discolored. I took a magnifying glass and looked at the clasp again and, not on the surface, but the retractable latch was stamped 10K. So, I scraped the most discolored part of the chain on my stone and tested. Sure enough, 8.68g of 10K (test on the left)!

IMG_0524.jpg

I'm on the board for 2018! :D (or am I?) :no:

R5

Raider your on board.
Two votes yes! :thumbsup: one of these days we're gonna run into each other.

Wish i was having that problem. Mine come with stickers instead of stamps. :lol:
:laughing: I always feel better after reading your posts!

Right on!
:D

Yup, it would count for me. Really sweet refind. BCD
Not sure if this counts as a yes vote or not... :shrug:

I'll say 'Yes it Counts' if it will make you feel better! :laughing:
Aaaaand... now I'm back in counseling. :laughing:

R5

I don’t get why you wouldn’t be on board for ‘18 unless you found the chain in ‘17.

And nice find, nice second glance check!

:dingding: You got the dinger NOW its official! :lol: 10K stains a lot on some beaches over here.

10k can be a pain.... they like to use brass.... initially it holds up to the acid.... then very slowly fades away. Id get a jeweler verfy.

10k can be a pain.... they like to use brass.... initially it holds up to the acid.... then very slowly fades away. Id get a jeweler verfy.
I have done the water-specific gravity test on chains and it can be done just like rings.

Nice re-discovery! Hmmmmmm, I would consult with your cat on this one...:yes:

Yeah, about that, I know he’s stealing my gold and I’m pretty sure he’s trying to move in on my wife!

28F1EB71-F8BD-426A-B204-1E75872D30CE.jpg

:no:

R5

Back
Top Bottom