Four More Very Satisfied Customers

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Lets begin with a call from a gentleman that lost his grandfathers wedding ring in a bay in lake St Clair. We agree to meet at his house last night and take a short boat ride to the bay on his beautiful Sea Ray Amberjack. We go out to a small bay but very weedy. Sand is hard packed with a huge root system from the weeds. And not knowing this in advance, the only detector I bring out is the CZ-21 with the 10.5" coil.

Who else has experience swinging a huge coil in weeds? BARF. Any signals I got if they were deeper than an a couple of inches I left. I go all around his boat with no luck. I go out deeper and find a path of weeds that were trampled down!! Now I am excited to see weeds! I carefully go through them and sure enough get a mid tone that I knew was close to the surface. One handful and it is in my hand. Sure enough it was his ring. He timed me. It took me 57 minutes to find.

So last night I get a message about a gold bracelet in a marina. Her husband lost it last summer. They are in the same well. i tell her I will be there at 11:00 today. Get my tanks filled this morning and I am just leaving the driveway and the phone rings. At the marina in town a cell phone just took a dive off a boat into the Black River. I tell them I will be right there. I call the lady up with the bracelet and tell her I might be a little late. I get to the river and they want to know how much I charge if I find it. I tell them I will find it and I don't charge. Just pay me what my service is worth to you. I suit up go down and find the phone in a few seconds. Very happy little girl!

So after pictures, I am now heading to Algonac. About 30 minutes away. Another call! A ring was lost last year behind a house on the St. Clair river off Harsen's Island. Perfect!! The ferry to the island is in Algonac! So I tell her I will call back when I am done with the bracelet. I get to the marina and find a very doubtful boat owner. I brought my Equinox but the water looked deeper than 10 foot so I opted for the Tiger Shark. I get down there and I must have found 20 deep cans. I also found some deep foil so I knew the Shark was a good choice. Took me about half an hour but I finally dug up the bracelet! I came up and her first words were, no luck? I said it was in my bag. She couldn't believe it. I pulled it out and said well this might be the wrong one then! Boy was she happy! She had given this bracelet to her husband for their 25th anniversary.

On to stop three for the day. Ring was her sons and he lost it last summer. Muck bottom and in about 4' of water. I went left from the dock about 10' and then turned to come back right. A couple of feet and a solid beep. Yep, the ring.

More fun in the sun and lots of smiles. This hobby is the best! Hopefully will get a picture of the cell phone recovery soon

Great who-dunnit mystery solved, and pix, once again ! Thanx for taking us along.

Wow, you are killin' it out there. Nice work. You should start filming, you could really put together a nice film of recoveries and there reactions.

:dingding:When I grow up I want to be like you!

Hmmmm. Apparently you are the only one in the area offering a service like this, and it looks like you only recently got your contact info out there.
The reason I say that is because you seem to get a high percentage of calls for stuff lost months, or even a year ago. Seems to me that if it was such a desirable piece of jewelry, they would have contacted you much sooner than they do.

Never mind, Scuba.....I just got done reading Tom's "Why do we have" thread, and you answered my questions in it.

Roger

Hmmmm. Apparently you are the only one in the area offering a service like this, and it looks like you only recently got your contact info out there.
The reason I say that is because you seem to get a high percentage of calls for stuff lost months, or even a year ago. Seems to me that if it was such a desirable piece of jewelry, they would have contacted you much sooner than they do.

Roger

I have had business cards for 8 years. I was in the Detroit Boat show at Cobo hall for two years. I was just put on Facebook and it went like wildfire.

Back
Top Bottom