Two keepers for Father's Day: IHC & WWII Army Collar Disk

ScaredOfClowns

Elite Member
Took advantage of the nice weather on Father's Day and tried out a new spot today. I was stoked to try a new site, but sadly I only had a short time to hunt before I had to be back home for a family cookout.

Besides a bunch of clad and a couple of wheat cents, I found two keepers: a 1907 Indian Head cent (nice to be able to get a decent date off of this one) and a US Army Collar disk. I looked it up online and apparently this is a type III disk dating between 1937 and 1943 - pretty cool.

I have high hopes for this spot since it's next to a mill that dates back to the late 1800s, and I'm convinced there's some silver waiting to be found there. I'll definitely be back for another try soon. Thanks for looking - HH!

IHC - Both Sides.jpg

IHC - In the Hole.jpg

Button - Both Sides.jpg

Button - In the Hole.jpg

Been a while since I've seen a post from you. Glad to see that you got out a found some success. Congrats on a nice looking Indian and the WWII Collar Disc. Both are great finds. Trapper

Been a while since I've seen a post from you. Glad to see that you got out a found some success. Congrats on a nice looking Indian and the WWII Collar Disc. Both are great finds. Trapper

Thanks, Trapper! Yeah, so far this year I've been buried with work and family stuff and haven't had as much time to get out hunting as I'd like. Hopefully I'll be swinging a little more often this summer and fall. I think this new spot might have some goodies, so with any luck I'll have more to post. HH!

Nice Indian and real neat button! That's the first time I've seen a button like that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom