Equinox 800 Tips

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
I am using my Equinox as my diving unit at the moment. I use it on Park 1.

The past two days I have played in 8 - 9 foot of water at one of my favorite spots.

I will tell all of you with certainty. If you rely on the vid numbers you are missing deep targets. I have been digging targets that give only a tone nothing more. No change in the screen at all. After I dig a hole I start getting flaky VID numbers. I pulled two silver dimes and a silver ring out of holes with those conditions. I also pulled a lot of small brass and foil that were deep.

Two of the dimes I got yesterday were a 1900 and a 1909 Barber. The other is a 47 rosey. I have absolutely no idea which two I got that gave no VID. I will take them all though.

This machine has its place in my arsenal. it won't be my go to machine most the time as I know I would drown it. I will say that at certain spots it will treat me well.

So far in the last two days I have pulled 4 golds out of a place I have hit rather hard with the CZ's and the Tiger Shark. I do know the machine is giving me results and I am content with it. I won't say I got signals that my other machines missed but I can say that it is a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom