You guys and your coin roll hunting

Foragist

Forum Supporter
...got me thinking about it. :D So I was in a McDonald's the other day, and there was a newbie at the cash register. When it came time for my change, they were out of pennies, and I had one coming. The kid dug out a roll of pennies from under the cash tray, and started whacking the plastic tray with it, almost breaking the tray. The other kid told him to whack it on the edge of the counter instead. I was standing there thinking about this coin roll hunting business, and wondered if there were any wheat pennies in that fresh roll. So the kid finally cracks it open, spills a bunch of pennies all over, dumps some into the penny compartment, and fishes one out for my change. Of course, I immediately check, and I'll be darned if it wasn't a wheat! 1935 S. I get a wheat penny in my change about once every couple of years, and this time I nearly called it before it happened!

There were too many impatient people waiting on this nervous kid to learn his job, so I didn't bother asking about the rest of the pennies.

Attachments

• DSCN8101.jpg
    DSCN8101.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN8100.jpg
    DSCN8100.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 141
Love finding those wheaties. 1935 S is not a common date. I can’t believe how often they show up, my boy’s found over 20 in nine months time working retail.

Back
Top Bottom