Is this County Owned Land?

Jeff30135

Goto

http://gis.co.douglas.ga.us/douglas_adf/

type 0158015 in the parcel search box.

also click on "Map Contents", goto "Other" and Check the "land lot" box.

There are 4 houses it shows with their own little lots but the rest of the vast amount of land it doesn't show any owners. Does that mean the county owns the land and if so do I need permission and who would I ask?

The area I am interested in is South of those houses before you get to the firebreak/power line area.

Thanks.

I found options that show me Zoning overlays, that area appears to be Zoned Li-C - so I'm guessing Light Industrial of some sort? Also I've noticed a lot of other wooded areas around that don't show any owners like this area and they are zoned "City" so is land that is Zoned "City" owned by the City? and again who would I contact. C'mon everyone loves telling me how I need permission to hunt old home sites in the woods so please answer and let me know about this.

Select on the 'i' icon above the map. Then click on any parcel and the owner information will come up on the bottom left.

I know in Kansas you can access a map online that shows the county tax records for each plot of land. This has helped me out in finding out who owns what plots of land. You should be able to go to your counties website to find the information.....Or just do what Cnote stated! =)

Contact your code enforcer....

Maybe show him/her where your are interested in hunting and ask what they think. If your city requires a permit to hunt then the code enforcer should be the one to issue it.
I contacted my city code enforcer a few years back and she said I could hunt any of the city parks without a permit. I didn't ask about any other city locations, yet.
If you're going into the woods I'd think you would be okay.
Marty

Nevermind, I figured out who owns the land, it's KGE ASSOCIATES LTD. whoever that is. Probably will not be able to get permission.

I've been told NO where i was sure i could get permission and i've been told yes where i was sure the answer would be NO. Don't know till you ask. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom