Well I'm really thinking about an upgrade, but happy with my F2

twofast_4_you

Well here is the deal, in the past 6 months I have owned several detectors, a fisher 1236/ fisher F4/ Nautilus DMC II2b/Tesero Cibola/and a Fisher F2, the 1236 was a good machine, I didn't care much for the F4 sold them both, still have the rest, the Nautilus drives me nuts, probally because I don't have a great area to relic hunt, the Cibola goes deep, but I think I'm having some tech issues with it, just about ready to send it back to factory, and then my F2 I got for my son, which I can't seem to put down, I got into the hobby thinking relic hunting, but to be honest, I have been just about 99% hitting old housesl...mostly 1800's, most of these are pretty trashy, and I use the 4 inch coil on my F2 and do very well, I have started going very slow on my swings and keeping it on all metal, and digging anything above 20 on my vdi, I guess my concern is this, what am I missing, how much deeper is a MTX or F6 going to give me? I don't think I could ever give up my F2, but I am going to sell the Nautilus, if any of you have had an F2 and did an upgrade, tell me if you are happy with the extra depth, is it worth the extra money?
Thanks

I have several detectors. I carry a F2 in my Jeep for impromptu hunts, etc.

The F2 is a nice little machine...very light and certainly easy to use. However, it's not even close to being in the same league with the MXT. Lack of ground balancing capability in the F2 and a host of flexible, powerful adjustments on the MXT severely tips the scale away from the F2.

I haven't used an F2 but I'm a long time MXT user. I've owned one since they came out. It is my favorite all around machine. If you like the tone ID on the F2 you might also consider the M6 Whites. It is based on the MXT but doesn't have the relic mode or prospecting mode but does have tone ID. You could take the money you saved getting the M6 instead of the MXT and buy a smaller coil for the really trashy spots. I think either machine would be a good machine for the older home sites.

The Minelab Safari or Etrac is the ticket to making those deep finds. Sounds like you have some nice hunting grounds too. I hope you are very successful! Good hunting.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Back
Top Bottom