Interesting XP Deus setting

remmy

Forum Supporter
I posted this in the deus group but thought I would post here as well. I am subscribed to "metaldetecting24" on youtube. I always wondered what deus settings he used and now he did a video of them. He uses an interesting trick to run negative ground balance. He basically puts the ground noise on a tone and drops the hz to a very low tone. I decided to try it and was surprised. I hunt a lot of fields with stubble and every relic program I tried would false when bumping stubble. This program does not, you can hear the ground and when you bump something but not like a tone that you would want to investigate. The other thing I noticed is it hits the deep coins in my test bed.
Just to be clear, this is best for relic hunting. I move and swing at a quick pace and when I hear a dig tone, there is a target meaning no falsing. It is basically a 2 tone (the third is the ground noise), iron (low) and dig (as high as you make it). Some of you folks may want to try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmQ8J-lkRo&t=5s&index=1&list=PLqTw1e1-b-Rcj78ATkE27ct4jz5JxmHuu

Any time I have run the ground balance to low false signals became a issue for me and I was chasing ghost signals. Have you had this happen to you? It didnt false at all when he bumped it on the stalk I knew the trick about the neg gb but never lowered it over 5 points and actually only liked it at 2 below because at 5 I starting getting those ghost signals. Have you tried it to see how it affects depth and how the machines acts in heavy iron with the gb so low?

Any time I have run the ground balance to low false signals became a issue for me and I was chasing ghost signals. Have you had this happen to you? It didnt false at all when he bumped it on the stalk I knew the trick about the neg gb but never lowered it over 5 points and actually only liked it at 2 below because at 5 I starting getting those ghost signals. Have you tried it to see how it affects depth and how the machines acts in heavy iron with the gb so low?

What this is is kinda different than just dropping the GB. You adjust ground balance to eliminate ground noise (ie ghost signals). What this does is put the ground noise on a tone so you can set it to a low volume. Then you can drop ground balance and increase depth. The ground I am walking on is reading 82 and I am ground balance manual at 68. No falsing or ghost signals. I think this has the best impact in bad soil like I have here but try it and see. You CAN hear the ground, if the ground is uneven you will hear the bumps and vallies as you swing. It is just a low murmur. I have always believed that high ground balancing hurts depth. Some may not like this and it may not work well everywhere. It is my "go to" program for walking fields. I loaded "Gary's ultimate program" to try. When I was out Saturday I had a real quiet sketchey signal using this negative GB program. I switched to Garys ultimate and swung over the spot, not a sound. I can get my deus to hit the deep coins in my test bed but it is very chatty, almost unstable. This program hits them, not like a freight train but hits them and is quiet and stable.

cool deal almost sounds like a threshold the cotton stubble in some of the fields I hunt is a pain might have to give it a try and see what happens in my soil if it increases depth here man that would be something. thanks what did you have your audio respon on when you were testing it in the garden you might can raise it and here the faint ones better dont know though.

Back
Top Bottom