New to me XLT...

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
So hopefully within the next 24 hours I'll be the new owner of a White's XLT. I've got two sources I'm working, but either way I should have one, and for a bargain.

That being said, for all you XLT people out there, what are some MUST have items I need with it as far as coils, books, etc?

If you plan to hunt any tot lots or trashy areas, the Blue Max 4x6 Shooter would be great. The 4x6 Shooter has become my favorite tot lot coil. It get much closer to playground equipment than the 6x10, and it is more sensitive to small gold chains.

Well it's done, closed on the XLT a few moments ago. For the price I couldn't let it get passed me, though I think ultimately I would have rather had the MXT... i'm sure learning the XLT will be the beast to introduce me to "real" metal detecting... 'cuz I mean, lets face it, every machine I have is basically turn on and go, no real settings to mess with or anything.

Here's to being a n00b again! :lol:

I also might be picking up an X-Terra 70 by the end of the week, and selling off my ACE 250 and X30.

Last edited:
If you plan to hunt any tot lots or trashy areas, the Blue Max 4x6 Shooter would be great. The 4x6 Shooter has become my favorite tot lot coil. It get much closer to playground equipment than the 6x10, and it is more sensitive to small gold chains.

I think I saw one of those and a Hot Shot for sale in the classifieds.

Congratulations on the new machine. Must be terrible cruising around with nothing to do but buy detectors and equipment.:D Now all you need is time ashore to put them to good use. If they don't work out, you know where you can find me.:yes:

Congratulations on the new machine. Must be terrible cruising around with nothing to do but buy detectors and equipment.:D Now all you need is time ashore to put them to good use. If they don't work out, you know where you can find me.:yes:

:lol:

I'm curious and hopeful to find out if this machine will "open up" already hunted areas.

Good going Jimmy you will like it I'm sure . It will open up some of your old spots again to you .

HH Harold

Xlt

:lol:

I'm curious and hopeful to find out if this machine will "open up" already hunted areas.

My Dad just bought one and we've hit some of our old spots we thought were Hunted out, now he turns it on, selects Jewelry and Beach, Ground balances it and is Digging IH's Wheats and Barber Dimes at 10-11":shock:
Your gonna Love it, Use Headphones and listen for "whispers".
Danno

Back
Top Bottom