Ready for gold rush Alaska season 2 next weekend?

needler420

Elite Member
I am. I enjoyed watching those knuckle heads work.

I think its a great show if you like the material which for MDers everyone would. But the show is mainly a drama lama reality show. I learn a thing here or there but its mainly just a lot of knuckleheads arguing. Seriously my construction crew worked better then they do. I think they caught the gold fever. Anyway I still look forward to season 2 its funny watching them yell at the old guy. They pick the guy with the most experience in mining gold and put him on bad terms then expect to make it big and scratch their head in failure.

The only thing I learned from season 1 was you can chase the American dream spend other peoples money and still fail lol.

I don't even think they made 10 ounces all through season 1. They for sure didn't break even they took a loss aside from what the made from the show. I think season 1 total for them was like 4 ounces.

A group of guys here could borrow money and fail the same.

Watching it right now actually. It amazes me how many attitudes are there. The older guy who's there representing the owner of the claim really knows his stuff. If I were out there doing this, I'd be happy having this guy as a mentor.

But I yeah, drama sells I guess.

even tho i complained about how lame last season was i'm sure i'll watch it again the new season.....its kinda like a train wreck...ya hate ta see it but ya gotta watch

I agree. It's somehow compelling me to watch it even though they couldn't find gold in a wet paper sack! I read somewhere that they are now referring to it as a "scripted reality show." Not sure which part is "scripted." The part where they don't find any gold, or the part where they are a bunch of idiots. :?:

Hopefully they'll strike pay dirt this season. Though I'm sure they getting paid now by the proceeds from the show, sponsors etc...

I also enjoy watching those guys. But they should have saved that 250k and just bought some compadre's :)

I would rather induce vomiting than watch S2 of that show. I watched enough of Season 1 last year to know that it sucked; and as I recall, there was a thread made in which most people agreed that it was horrible.

I would rather induce vomiting than watch S2 of that show. I watched enough of Season 1 last year to know that it sucked; and as I recall, there was a thread made in which most people agreed that it was horrible.

That's probably why I like it. I've never been considered part of the "most people" crowd. BTW induced vomiting is over rated :D

I like that show also, its looks like they will hit payday.

I really liked that show, I was hoping they would finally find the Glory Hole and hit it big, but everytime it seemed like they were up and running something broke. Hope this season they strike it rich.

The show is terrible but it beats sitting on the couch watching some "girly" show with the wife ;)

even tho i complained about how lame last season was i'm sure i'll watch it again the new season.....its kinda like a train wreck...ya hate ta see it but ya gotta watch

So true so true !!!

It started out as this cool gold hunting exploration and turned into an evening soap opera :(

It is interesting watching the process of gold mining, even if it's being done by a bunch of noobs...

I'll bet we could take 6-8 characters off of this forum and make a hysterical treasure hunting show...

The mix of personalities would make for wonderful reality..

I already have my suggestions for casting :lol:

I guess the show wouldn't sell without some drama. Kinda seems like they're going this direction for season 2.

picture.php

I'll bet we could take 6-8 characters off of this forum and make a hysterical treasure hunting show...

The mix of personalities would make for wonderful reality..

I already have my suggestions for casting :lol:

and it could be called "jersey shore detecting".......you could play snooki :lol:

Also what you have to realize is they get paid well for those shows, they are told to maximize the drama to make it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom