Tips for the Deus??

Mountain Mike

Elite Member
Well I finally ordered a Deus. I also ordered the Andy S book to go with it. I have a couple questions that maybe you guys could answer and put me ahead of the game.

1. I am concerned with my ability to tell trash from treasure with the Deus. I have heard people say there are different methods to spot a bottle cap, pull tab, and rusty iron. What have you Deus owners found to be the fastest and easiest way to identify these junk targets?

2. I have read that some of the stock programs can be very good with a few tweaks. Most programs seem to be based on European coins and conditions. So what tweaks to which programs?

3. I am looking for programs or preferred settings for finding U.S. coins in moderate and high iron sites. This is the main reason I bought it. Recommendations?

4. A trashy park program or settings for sites with modern trash??

1 = dig, it's fastest and most reliable. deus loves small, round (bottlecaps)

2,3,4 read the book you're buying

I am beginning to learn how to use the X-Y screen to help with identifying bottle caps and can slaw. I can see where it is a good tool to help confirm junk targets.

Well I finally ordered a Deus. I also ordered the Andy S book to go with it. I have a couple questions that maybe you guys could answer and put me ahead of the game.

1. I am concerned with my ability to tell trash from treasure with the Deus. I have heard people say there are different methods to spot a bottle cap, pull tab, and rusty iron. What have you Deus owners found to be the fastest and easiest way to identify these junk targets?

2. I have read that some of the stock programs can be very good with a few tweaks. Most programs seem to be based on European coins and conditions. So what tweaks to which programs?

3. I am looking for programs or preferred settings for finding U.S. coins in moderate and high iron sites. This is the main reason I bought it. Recommendations?

4. A trashy park program or settings for sites with modern trash??

Mike,
The programs can be tweeted a bit to improve depth, and or separation.
Bottle caps can be studied via xy screen and by coil position vs tone provided.
Also using a different freq to see what happens to Vdi displayed can be a way also.

As far as iron goes-- you will get some wrap around effect sometimes-- it is all in the tone.

Since you purchased the Deus book-- you will have some good info at your disposal.

When you receive your unit.

Some items to have on hand to do some testing to better serve you-- different denomination coins, pull tabs, crown caps, twist caps, nails of different sizes to include smaller bits of iron, horseshoe.

You experiment with these with some of the programs-- and indeed mix them up in different configurations

This will get you on your way.

The detector is not difficult to run at all.
Some of the terminology is different or strange-- but you will get the hang of it pretty fast.

I would also recommend you take your detector to a nail/ iron rich area and experiment--- so you can listen

Make no mistake-- for the detector's coil size no matter which size attached-- it will perform

And because of its settings allowed--- a site can be hunted with one set of settings, and then with some additional settings changes can be rehunted and again so,e targets will come to light.

You do have notch feature to use as well-- and when used smartly will greatly aid you have n the areas with loads of junk nonferrous targets.

Congrats on your purchase
I hope you enjoy.

Lifting the coil helps with trash ID. Still sounds good at a foot off the ground? Can. VDI numbers change when you lift the coil? Probably bottle cap. Wiggle the tip of the coil over target and listen for less-than-ideal sounds? Probably junk.

I usually run Andy's deep coin program and make reactivity/audio resp. modifications if I hit serious trash.

Back
Top Bottom