Learning the XP Deus

Rich.

For me I home in on the one good sound by bringing in the coil from different directions once I think I have located the good sound I then start the reverse wiggle.

Not having a remote means I have to concentrate 100% on the sound, even today in a field with a lot of iron in it most of the finds I used to the reverse wiggle to know where to dig.

...Doug

Doug,
Have you had anyone program your coil who does has a remote??? For some maybe better settings for you to use??

Doug,
Have you had anyone program your coil who does has a remote??? For some maybe better settings for you to use??

I do have a remote, no choice at the time you could only purchase a full set up, but with 8+ years with the XP Goldmaxx Power then moving over to the Deus I had a choice, to use the remote or not, I chose not.

I do have a remote, no choice at the time you could only purchase a full set up, but with 8+ years with the XP Goldmaxx Power then moving over to the Deus I had a choice, to use the remote or not, I chose not.

Gotya, thanks.

I did program a gent's Deus lite setup a few weeks ago.
I did learn something.
I was always under the impression,,the coil stored the settings,,not entirely true.

For example if I visited you and brought along one of my remotes,,and paired my remote to your coil--- my remote programs are loaded into your coil,,hence if you used just wireless module only,,my remote programs would be seen as soon as you turn on your module.

Ron you read correctly,,, Deus is different,, the tone, disc, and TID meter reading are all divorced,,, what this means is the tone rules the roost.

Means you can run disc at level 6,, be running in 2 tone. Very possible to hit a nonferrous target tangled up in iron,,, tone will be somewhat not ideal,, but repeatable with good coil position and sweep speed,,, this nonferrous target could provide a TID reading below disc reading,, for examples,, 2,3, 4,5.

It is possible to even get a 01 or 02 reading with a 6 disc setting--- more likely to be 002 or higher,, but no absolutes remember.

I should also note,, running full tones 0 disc,,,, an op more likely to hear a tinge of higher tone on nonferrous items,, tangled in iron--- where meter readings of 00 and 01 are it seems more prevalent vs using the above disc 6 setting with say 2 or 3 tone.

Now remember a person can still experience some iron falsing,,, and when hunting in an old site,, you beta ya a person who is trying to find every goody,, will dig some iron,, when chasing some borderline signals--- btw I have made some good nonferrous finds with the borderline tone targets.

A person can hear a small amount of high static,, where it sounds like a target is trying to punch thru audiably,,,and these too can be nonferrous targets--- where the Deus is really being challenged by all the iron and nails.
full tones zero discrim reactivity 3 audio responce 3, tx 1 or 2,11 kh I can pick it out of the iron with these settings. havent mastered the high static sound. cant pay no attention to meter in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom