CTX 3030-2 and the etrac/explorer se pro

Oh man good times reading what wasnt deleted in this thread.:laughing: The fake crook himself and that guy with his darn dog. :laughing:
Im sure the mods are rolling there eyes :roll: that this thread was brought back to life.:lol: We will be good we promise.:D
In the end I think Sgt. Figured it out I just don't think he figured out how to ship stuff or be a valued member of the forum. As for the other guy with his dog well... He just wasn't ever going to get it!:laughing:

Why would we? look at it this way Coin... it points out some of the work we do on a daily basis..

Why would we? look at it this way Coin... it points out some of the work we do on a daily basis..

I meant it in a "oh not this thread" or "here we go again" manner. Props to all of you mods because you guys are all way more level headed than I could be. How in the heck you guys are able to moderate countless random people from all over world is beyond me. Thanks for doing it though, staying professional, and dealing with all our antics on a daily basis.:yes:

There's really not much more you can ask from a machine other than it having a floating arrow pointing to a direction that says dig silver HERE. Kinda wish they would atleast do one more update for the GPS function though, it is pretty lacking compared to todays hand held GPS devices. It's pretty swell already but sometimes when I'm in the middle of the woods with no compass and it tells me my "target location" is .2 miles east...ok what way is east? Why can't they just have a floating arrow on the screen that points the direction you need to go?

I realized I am quoting from a 2 year old thread, but reading this paragraph made me want to point out something about GPS.

GPS only knows where you are, not which way you are facing. In order for a GPS unit to show you direction of travel, you have to move so it can plot your progress via where you were, vs. where you are now. You could walk backwards or sideways for all the GPS receiver cares. Many newer devices like smartphones and GPS units also have a built in electronic compass which might lead folks to think it's the GPS that is showing the direction one is facing, when it's really the compass that is doing that.

Back
Top Bottom