At pro chatter?

cliff92

I took the at pro put around my yard and I can only run it at 4 bars on sensitivity. Anything higher results in spits ands sputters even when it's not moving. I tried changing frequencies but it did not help any. My house was built in the 1880s so I know there is good finds but the chatter makes it hard. Can iron dense ground cause this? Does WiFi interfere with the detector? I detected old farm houses an hour away and was able to run at 1 bar down from full sensitivity without any problems but for some reason my own yard will only allow 4 bars at most. I did notice the rocks in the ground must be metallic because magnets stick to alot of them.would that have anything to do with it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Make sure your cord attached to the coil isn't loose and zip tie it down to the shaft, if it moves the detector picks it up. Look above you and if there are PowerLines that can interfere with it. There is one field I can't detect at due to the PowerLines being overhead and the frequency changes do not fix the problem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Adding to poster above.....also make sure your first cable loop is over the shaft, not under.

Meanwhile, sounds like there is some possible EMI or metal infested soil in your yard. Could be buried electric cables or, mineralized soil or as in my aunts yard (circa 1810) They used to throw the coal slag in the yard and throughout the property for fill. This stuff causes my AT to go crazy I made it tolerable by switching to the small coil (I run full sens all the time) and I was able to pull some nice finds.

AT Settings - For farms, estates, battlefields, wooded areas I use stock coil (for depth) and run wide open....only way to go once you get used to the machine. HH!

If you have a smaller coil use it. Either way try factory reset. (hold power button in for 10 seconds or so when turning on. I will do a beep when reset)

Rocks sticking to magnets?

Could yo post a picture of the rocks please. Sounds like slag. You may als have bits of tin or trash that will effect the detector. Meteorites will too, but that is not likely.

The large coil is good, but the 5x8 coil is mush better in that environment. The 5x8 coil will eat that iron slag for lunch. I hear nel coils are good too. You will also want to gris out a area at a time. I would scrape the first 6 inches of dirt just get to the good stuff.

Sounds like a great place to hunt.

Agree sounds like slag , they used it around here as he Steel Plant was close and it was cheap . Mostly used around drive ways and foundations . It would be unusual for so much in the whole yard . Anything a magnet will pick up will give ya problems , hope you figure it out .
HH

Could yo post a picture of the rocks please. Sounds like slag. You may als have bits of tin or trash that will effect the detector. Meteorites will too, but that is not likely.

The large coil is good, but the 5x8 coil is mush better in that environment. The 5x8 coil will eat that iron slag for lunch. I hear nel coils are good too. You will also want to gris out a area at a time. I would scrape the first 6 inches of dirt just get to the good stuff.

Sounds like a great place to hunt.
I imagine it's just raw minerals. I live in upper michigan and there is alot of mining operations here because of how rich it is in many different minerals.does that affect it that much?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom