CTX modes

Chief Q

couldn't find the proper folder to drop this in so dropping it here.

I just bought my CTX 3030. I am trying to get some help on setting up modes. currently I am using coin mode but it silence everything out on the lower end of the spectrum. also I am getting what sounds like reverb on the machine. anyone have any ideas? is this a sensitivity issue? of course I am digging a whole heck a lot of trash with my CTX because I have only used it twice now for a combined total of maybe 4 hours and only 2 coins for the win......but a coin is a coin is a coin to me......a 1926 5 Centisimi and a 1991 200 Lire. I know there is loot to be found I am just worried I am missing targets with coin mode. and relic mode beeps on everything.........even iron and the beeps sound like good beeps lol so maybe so help on how to make iron not sound so good? (verbiage?) Thanks for any help.

Morning Chief. You really need to start out by watching as many of the Minelab CTX you tubes as you can. Sounds like you don't have even the basics of the machine down yet. Coin mode is a great mode. It has two discrimination patterns. I don't have my machine handy but one will be quite restrictive, the other more open. Look at the shaded (blue/grey) area of the screen. Thats the "reject this area". Now, push the detect button, the button with the picture of the coil. You'll see the shaded area change.
The reverb sounds like you have the audio options set to smooth or long, something like that. I set mine (in most cases) to normal.
Just spend some time watching the you tubes, by Minelab. They'll help you get some of the basics down. CTX does require a little familiarization with the basic settings. It's not a turn on and go.

couldn't find the proper folder to drop this in so dropping it here.

I just bought my CTX 3030. I am trying to get some help on setting up modes. currently I am using coin mode but it silence everything out on the lower end of the spectrum. also I am getting what sounds like reverb on the machine. anyone have any ideas? is this a sensitivity issue? of course I am digging a whole heck a lot of trash with my CTX because I have only used it twice now for a combined total of maybe 4 hours and only 2 coins for the win......but a coin is a coin is a coin to me......a 1926 5 Centisimi and a 1991 200 Lire. I know there is loot to be found I am just worried I am missing targets with coin mode. and relic mode beeps on everything.........even iron and the beeps sound like good beeps lol so maybe so help on how to make iron not sound so good? (verbiage?) Thanks for any help.

Some recommendations, for example folks in the USA,, they know where the coins hit ( provide ID) like silver and copper coins,,, they set their disc up on the screens to disc out junk targets,,,and they also use the screen readings to better make decisions to dig or not-- to cut down on digging trash.

So,, as I am not familiar with the currency that could be buried In your area,,but you might consider getting some of this currency and testing with your detector--- so you can see how your CTX IDs the coin(s) with the ferrous/ conductive numbers.

You also need to become familiar with using exchange 2 that comes with you right unit,,,so you can build your own patterns for detecting in your region.

I would be trying to find another CTX or Minelab etrac user close by if I could,,and maybe they will share some info with you.

Thank you for the replies and the tips...I am still combing through videos on "how to" but I guess the issues may be just time required to learn lol. Just took it out for the third time and came up with a hammered copper coin still waiting on the date after cleaning but an Italian told me from mid to late 1800s. and a ring which I do not think is silver. I also found an 1862 1 Centisimi. so the new issue is when I was air testing. the gold I used did not even register on the ctx lol. so trying to figure that out.......I used 10K and 14K (yellow gold and nothing) in coin mode and relic mode. a buddy who has a ctx 3030 said that is may have been notched out in the coin mode but he didn't know why in the relic mode since it is wide open. so gotta play some more with it. Thanks again everyone!

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 124
Small gold or gold chains,,not much you can do,,,if the detector won't get it in higher manual sensitivity-- that is about all you can do.

The detector doesn't like these kinds of targets,,pure and simple.

Nice finds btw

Back
Top Bottom