This Is A First For Me! Silver In Change!

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
Went to the bank and ask for halves. Finally they didn't have any. So I just cashed my check and got my money/change back.

Well guess what? This is the first time I have ever received silver in my change! I Always look at the dates in my change and never have any luck!

Here I got a 1943 War Nickel with D mint Mark... Seems like ever Friday I get a silver coin from the bank!

Attachments

• IMG_9242.jpg
    IMG_9242.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_9245.jpg
    IMG_9245.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 835
That's pretty cool JB!:grin:
I have got to be more diligent in checking my change. Lord knows I need to add to my Silver total!:lol:

Wow! Hasn't even circulated all that much. Sweet score on the silver. My best silver in change was a 64 rosie. A war nickel is very nice!

Man that looks better than the 1945 that I dug. WTG! I have yet to make a silver find in my change and I've been looking for years.

Is there a place that lists silver and any other "good" coins we should be hunting for? I'm pretty sure I have had some nickels that old in change before but didn't know they were special. Ducking a little as I say thing... for years I've hated carrying and counting coins so avoid cash. I'm so lazy I have a big bag of change I've never put in rolls so I could take to my credit union because they won't take it unless its rolled and account # written on it. So maybe I will go through that bag if I can remember where I put it, but what all should I be looking out for? I do save all my Kennedys, bicentennials, wheats and Canadian coins because over years I've found a lot of those in parking lots or getting back change.

Is there a place that lists silver and any other "good" coins we should be hunting for? I'm pretty sure I have had some nickels that old in change before but didn't know they were special. Ducking a little as I say thing... for years I've hated carrying and counting coins so avoid cash. I'm so lazy I have a big bag of change I've never put in rolls so I could take to my credit union because they won't take it unless its rolled and account # written on it. So maybe I will go through that bag if I can remember where I put it, but what all should I be looking out for? I do save all my Kennedys, bicentennials, wheats and Canadian coins because over years I've found a lot of those in parking lots or getting back change.

Well on the nickels there is only silver in the 1943-1945 ones...

Here is a site you can see which coins are silver and what there worth.
http://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html

Great find! The last two times, since I work in a bank, I picked up $20 in nickels. Each time I found a 1944-P and 1944-D nickel. I only hope my luck is the same going forward. The tellers know when I walk up to them. They ask is it pennies or nickels. I've got them trained. Concerning pennies, I find on average 4 wheaties for every $10. Good luck in finding silver in the change! Unfortunately, in NE PA, it's going to get much colder soon and will have no time to MD. Anyway, I've got to get out of the house and find some SILVER!!!!

Cool finds in your change

I got a Bufflo Nickle about a year or so back in change at a Burger King.
M6 Mike
I'll have to admit I don't always look at the coins I get in change but I use to have the habit of making sure they gave me the correct change. Maybe I should get back into it. My eyes are bad enough now that without bright sunlight I need a magnifier to read the dates.
HHing your change from buying or cashing a check.

I got a Bufflo Nickle about a year or so back in change at a Burger King.
M6 Mike
I'll have to admit I don't always look at the coins I get in change but I use to have the habit of making sure they gave me the correct change. Maybe I should get back into it. My eyes are bad enough now that without bright sunlight I need a magnifier to read the dates.
HHing your change from buying or cashing a check.

That's really neat getting a buffalo nickel in change! I've certainly never gotten one that way and in fact still don't own one. Back a few years ago this young man at gas station asked me if I minded being given a Kennedy back as change as if they were somehow an aggravation to receive. I hadn't even seen one in years so said "that's fine". When I worked at a shop long ago I used to trade my coins for the good coins in the cash register like the wheaties, Bicentennial quarters and once got a Kennedy that way.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom