Spur of the moment hunt...nets first silver!!!!

rfjuice

Elite Member
I met up with a coworker and his girlfriend today to detect some local ball fields. With the temps around 50, it was just wonderful. We found some clad and each a toy car. Then off to work we went.

I brought my metal detector inside so it wasn't sitting in the car(afraid the temp was going to drop too much) and one of my underlings asked if we could take it out on our lunch break. I said "sure" and we hit some clad in the parking lot. He asked if we could take it out in the field and I said "okay, but I doubt we get anything."

Sure enough about 30 feet into the field I got a signal on the Ace 250 that was a fairly strong dime, but occasionally dipping to a pull tab. I dug about 2 inches and rescanned and got a solid unchanging dime signal. Starting thinking damn someone must have thrown a dime out here. One more scrape and from my plug dropped a silver dime.

Could tell as soon as it dropped. He was amazed about how I found silver right away. ^_^ I think he is going to get a detector!!!!!!!:D

Here are the pics:
Kylechristmas2011078.jpg

Kylechristmas2011079.jpg

Yep! sounds like you just found/recruited a new detecting buddy!:lol:...Nice find!.......:cool:

Thanks for the support. I have already gotten permission to detect the whole field. Although it's not close to any existing buildings or where any buildings used to be, who knows what else may have fell out of the farmer's pockets!!!!

Aint many things that make you smile like seeing that faint glint of silver for the first time. Its dang near unmistakable.

Thanks all. It does feel good and I hope to get more in the future. Unfortunately I think the ground is going to be frozen sooner than later here in PA. Here is going to NC to hunt next week.:beers:

Back
Top Bottom