Lost jewelry in Virginia

WV Hillbilly

Hello,
I joined the Lost my stuff web site and just got an e-mail about a woman who's daughter threw several pieces of expensive and sentimental jewelry in a pond. I contacted her and am going to try and find some of the pieces. The problem is my metal detector is not water proof so I won't be able to go to deep. If there is anyone else in the area that could help please PM me. The lady was in tears when I talked to her so I hope I can recover something.

Thanks,

Roger

Good luck WV Hillbilly. Hopefully some one will chime in. Maybe PM some of the guys that are close in the beach and water section to see if possible to borrow an underwater detector. WOLF

We have a total of 6 members in Virginia, hopefully one of them or someone else will be able to help you.

Yea, I hope someone else will help. I do have a friend that hunts with me a lot but he is in the same boat as I am. Machines not waterproof.

The key to is how far did she throw them into the water?Dose she throw like baseball player?

You can all ways get some scuba gear and a water proof pin pointer.

Iv had mail from lost my stuff 3 times. and always in Texas. And I'm All the way in Mn.

sirwalle ---

Yes, you're receiving emails from the Lost My Stuff Group for items that have been lost far, far away from you... and many Lost My Stuff Group members ask why that's the case... So, let me explain what actually happens when someone reports a lost item to the Lost My Stuff website...

When someone sends an email to the website indicating they've lost an item, the first thing that happens is their email gets read to make sure it isn't spam or something. After that quick check, the lost item email is forwarded to each and every one of our group members, regardless of where the item was lost and regardless of where our group members live.

Yes, this means that every single one of our group members receives every single lost item report we receive, and this is on purpose!!!

In this manner whenever an item is reported to be lost, if a group member happens to be in that area because he/she happens to live there, or instead happens to be there on a business trip, or a vacation, or for any other reason, he/she will be aware some help is needed there, and may possibly be in a position to help.

This system works quite well, as was demonstrated a while back when one of our members who lives near Houston, Texas happened to be visiting relatives near McKinney, Texas (4-5 hours from Houston), when he received a lost item report email for a location that was just 10 minutes away from where he happened to be. He went right over and the lost ring was found in less than an hour from when it was reported!!!

If upon receiving a lost item report a group member is in a position that he/she can actually help the person, then he/she should by all means contact the person who lost the item and see what can be done.

If the lost item location is too far away for a group member to be able to help
(as will be the case the vast majority of the time), then the group member
doesn't need to do anything... he/she should just ignore the lost item report (delete!) and hope one of our other members can help.

I hope that explains things...

fogcity

thats what I thought. Do they have Tshirts caps . with the LMS on it. So can get the word out. Would like have both. But I think my wife would think me crazy.

Actually, the thought of having T-shirts & Caps with a Lost My Stuff Group logo is already being bounced around by the design team (Inge, Charlie, Tommy, Barnes & Buford).

Once the planning is complete we'll unveil it to everybody!!!

fogcity

If we are doing this for free. We should get them for free. Or get permision to make are own. Not hard to do. My opinion.

If we are doing this for free. We should get them for free. Or get permision to make are own. Not hard to do. My opinion.

Sirwalle --

If I understand you here, that because you're making your services available to help people search for things they've lost for free, that the Lost My Stuff Group should give you some free apparel, then what I don't understand is where you think the $$$ to pay for that "free" apparel should come from?

If the group was like the Red Cross or MADD or something, a registered non-profit organization with donations from sponsors & such, maybe there would be surplus money available to do such things... but it isn't.

fogcity

Dang you saw it before I got to change it. Never mind what I typed.:( Someone has to make money somewhere. And if we find other than the thing we suppose to find we get to keep it. Hopefully. And that should make everone one happy. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom