A very short hunt with a shiny result

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I had about an hour to burn after work so I headed to park #1, pulled up and noticed people walking their dogs so I headed to park #2 (about a mile from #1). I hunted for only 40-45 and pulled 48 cents in clad including this 1946 wheat penny and 1944 war nickel. The wheat was 6 inches down and the war nickel was 4 inches down. They were probably 20-25 feet apart.

The park where I found these coins was once a schoolyard and the school was built in 1938. The building is still there but the school is closed.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 228
Great job man! I'm still searching for s silver nickle!
Believe it or not for me they will be the hardest. Nickle signals are in and around so much junk I rarely dig them. I need to revisit it!

Have yet to find my first war nickle this year and it's not for the lack of trying cause I pretty much dig everything just haven't got one under my coil yet, so congrats on the war nickle Bruin and may many more come under your coil.

Thanks guys!

Riiiiiiight....
It's only mid June, tons of time and many silver spills to dig before this contest ends.

Congrats...anyway.:lol:

D27, I know you'll catch and surpass me when winter hits, lol, it's all good either way. I think the only reason I have the lead is because of your concrete ground. I'm guessing that anyway?

Back
Top Bottom