Garrett AT pro detector users - Why is pro audio useful.

MattLock

Elite Member
Does anybody ever use this feature? Or find it helpful. Is regular audio just as good.

The main difference is audio is proportional hence (pro) to target depth. This is important. A faint high tone means deep. Louder means near surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I ever use is Pro Zero with iron discrimination at 25-30. When I first got it, I never used iron discrimination. I was finding silver coins at first, then after a while, I wasn't. Then 2 months ago I started using iron disc. And started finding silver coins with nails in the same hole. I have been consistently finding more silver the past couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

All I ever use is Pro Zero with iron discrimination at 25-30. When I first got it, I never used iron discrimination. I was finding silver coins at first, then after a while, I wasn't. Then 2 months ago I started using iron disc. And started finding silver coins with nails in the same hole. I have been consistently finding more silver the past couple of months.

Pro Zero ? Meaning no notches in the display turned off? Aka all metal mode ? With pro audio ? Not regular .

Pro Zero ? Meaning no notches in the display turned off? Aka all metal mode ? With pro audio ? Not regular .
Correct. Nothing notched out, iron discrimination at 25-30, iron audio off.

I find using pro audio helps me figure out if i have a coin next to a deeper nail, loud high tone and quieter low tone, or foil with high, mid and low at the same volume. Or two coins at different levels in the same hole.

I admit I might be able to do the same thing by watching the display but it wouldn't be as fast and I'd have to watch it all the time.

I don't know the a 5x8 makes using pro audio any different. It makes target seperation easier though.

IMO the most useful part of Pro Audio is the Tone Roll Audio when Iron Audio is engaged

If I have a target that sounds like a coin, sizes like a coin, but I am unsure about, I flip on Iron Audio and if it IS a coin, it will sound the same as a coin,

IF it is a bottle cap, it will report a low-mid-low tone instead of just a coin beep/tone.

That additional info of hearing the steel/iron in the bottle cap is enough to let me know that is NOT a coin as coins do not give a report before, during and after the sweep over a coin like it will do in a bottle cap. THAT alone keeps me from digging caps and more coins with the AT PRO.

I went into town, curb tear outs and ground all churned up with cement junk etc. Atp going crazy at times. I still can't get pro audio right. The standard mode for coins gets annoying with that bell

I spent three hours outside with the 250 today and pulled trash with bong, dung and DANG but found a coin with DING.

I had an ACE 350, so when I got my ATPro, I couldn't wait to use the Pro mode. I'd had enough of the car door chiming. I run in Pro Zero mode. Iron disc 28, iron audio off until I get one of those iffy signals. One notch down from max sensitivity and always ground balance. I just love getting those little whisper high number signals, especially in a hard hunted place. You just know you are reaching down deeper than the others who have been there.

Back
Top Bottom