I know its hard to beleive but its true

JRinkus

Although I have been coin shooting since I was 15 (in 1983). I have never found and Indian head cent. I have found flying eagles, 2 cent pieces and even draped bust large cents. I have found many 1909/10 Wheats, but still no Indian cents. Even Gold coins, but for some reason, Indians were not in the cards for me. I have never hunted with a friend, always alone. But last year I sold my extra MD to a friend and we started going together a lot. Wouldn't you know, I took him to a place I researched and with the detector I sold him, he found, yes an Indian cent. :mad:
Well good things come to those who wait. My friend called me to tell me he received permission for a house that was build in 1853. It had been searched before but I couldn't turn down an opportunity like that.

Well the wait is over. (1908 BABY!)
Injun: 1983-2015 RIP.
(in a not so important tone): Oh yeah I found some other coins too.

Congrats... hopefully your second will show itself MUCH sooner (and third, fourth, etc.). They're always exciting to find!

On the ATPro make sure you dig those deep, jumpy mid-tones. I've had IHs fall anywhere from mid 40s up to low 70s. But I've found that anywhere in the 60s is kind of the sweet spot.

Congrats... hopefully your second will show itself MUCH sooner (and third, fourth, etc.). They're always exciting to find!

On the ATPro make sure you dig those deep, jumpy mid-tones. I've had IHs fall anywhere from mid 40s up to low 70s. But I've found that anywhere in the 60s is kind of the sweet spot.

+ 1 jumpy mid-tones fir sure found 10

I'm Guessing that everyone's ATpro is calibrated slightly different. Because I thought I was doing something wrong so I had my son burry a handful in the back yard for me in a squared out area. I waited a week and then found them all without a problem. On my ATpro they all seemed to come in around 74/75. But then again these were from a collection and not sitting in the ground for a hundred years. The 1908 above rang in at 75/76. But on that day I was digging everything and would not have missed it if it was 41!

Thanks guys for your help.

:wow: Holy cow that's a long wait for that one, congrats!!! You'll dig 3 in 1 hole next week, you just watch. :yes: :lol:

Funny you said that because before I dug I yelled out I have two pennies side by side. When I pulled out the plug one was sitting on the side. At first I thought it was a foreign coin. So I called my buddy over to see how it came out of the hole. He pulled it off the pug and said its and Indian. I thought immediately YES SISTERS! But when I pulled out the second one it was the 1910 pictured above. SOOOOO CLOSE!

Thanks for your comment
Jon

+1 Agree dig those tones , Good targets get stronger when you cut a plug .
HH

Awesome, love it when you find something you should of found long ago that has been hiding. I know buff's and SLQ's are the top of my list nearly 5 years in and can't find those.

I'm still looking for several firsts that have eluded me somehow, IH's, Barbers, and I'd dearly love to find a Walker. Oh, and gold. Anything gold. I'm hoping if I put this here today I'll find any one of the above next time I go hunting. ;)

Back
Top Bottom