Hunted out park...Deus Fast begs to differ!

Mr. C

Hi all,

I only had two hours so I decided to go back to the same hunted out city park that gives up about 1 wheat and 5 lincolns per 100 nails. There is so much iron everywhere I decided to put it on one of the Deus' high reactivity programs and run really tight sweeps. An hour and twenty minutes later i have a pocket full of bottle caps and some clad to show for it, but still a nice way to spend an evening.

I do find a clipped 1940's wheat. it was cut clean in half and is in the picture below. it was right next to a piece of iron..and I mean right next to...about an inch. The deus rang a repeatable 88 right next to a repeatable 06, so i dug it and was rewarded.

I started to slowly work my way back to the car and decided to take the long way :yes:. Glad i did because I got a solid 94 at 1 inch down and out popped this beast
IMG_20170621_181337022.jpg

Though it wasn't silver, it was old, right at the surface and rang as a quarter, which instantly told me i had found a corner that might be virgin ground.

Started looking for anything repeatable and got another squeeky little 66. Out popped this guy at 8 inches and had a nail over the top at about 4 inches
IMG_20170621_181437728.jpg

Next signal was another wheat and in that hole was an iron disc. My last signal was an iffy mid 80's tone, but it was repeatable and the horsehoe icon said it was non-ferrous and deep, so i dug it. Glad I did

IMG_20170621_174901769.jpg

Beautiful 1945 merc and first silver in about a month

So I got 2 and 1/2 wheats and a mercury dime.

I also got a plated end to a pen.

Most of my good finds today where in a hole with a piece of iron. Here is a pic with each coin and each iron piece. No way these would have still been there if they weren't masked. I got the deus so i could cherry pick between the iron and today it really paid off.
IMG_20170621_181320952.jpg

I cant wait to get back to the little of the park.

Thanks for looking.

That's an inspiring story... gives me hope there's nice stuff yet in my city's park. I think of it as hunted out when it's not giving up anything, but about the time I want to give up myself I find one more little tidbit to keep me going. Congrats and Nice finds!

Back
Top Bottom