Would you walk away from an ultra trashy area?

I keep my Ace 250 with sniper coil-all these years- just for these places. Have coins mode and a special customs mode setup for rings. I love these places.:cool:

Ctx 3030 with 6in coil, CZ 6a with 5in coil, love them places, find lots of silver and nickels other machines struggle on.

Thanks again.... the reply's really come in heavy on Sunday, eh?

My opinion of this area is that it could have just as much in relics than in coins due to it's history. So just listening for silver tones I may be missing some interesting relics. At other parks I hunt, I can understand the "silver" strategy but this place is different.

After all, I did dig a metal object of which I posted a few weeks ago for identification and received zero responses. I don't remember the reading on this one but it wasn't a total low grunt, but more between that and a mid tone.

My other concern is if I disc out -0 to -10 (minelab safari) what type of metal/steel am I ignoring? I really feel I need to cut down on the chatter somehow if I'm going to be somewhat successful at this place.

To reiterate.... hunting here in ferrous and wide open will fry your brain. But I consider this place my personal classroom.

I appreciate all the education coming my way through this forum.

Onward......

tried a Tesoro..?

I often hunt in very trashy campgrounds. My machine of choice for that, is an old Bandido II μmax with a small concentric coil, though several other Tesoros do fine in trash as well. SoCal parks can be trashy, but they're usually not so bad that the right Tesoro and coil won't do well.

My pick for trash use in the current Tesoro line, is an Outlaw with the 5.75"concentric. Mojave with the stock 7" coil does pretty well too.

Either of those Tesoros can ignore nails and steel bottlecaps though still accept nickels, while tabs will give a scratchier "blaring" sound than coins. Works for me.

I have the Safari,SE PRO,Etrac, CTX , CTX with 6 in is best of the FBS for trash. Safari beats them all in my ground on depth , that is why i keep it. I use it when i hunt moderate trash sites. Deus and Impact are extremely effective in excessive trashy sites , if you can afford another detector. I use the Deus and Impact mostly when in extreme trashy sites.

Not easy hunting, but you will have to take it slooooow and be very patient. Because it's so trashy i bet alot of people have walked away as you are tempted to do.

Crawling along with a 5" or 6" coil on the Safari is how I would attack that spot. There is silver to be found still...unless Jamflicker and his crew have hunted there:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom