Your suggestion for a great all around metal detector for gold/coins/relics?

Gigahertz21

I live in Colorado Springs and want something I can use to look for gold around streams, rivers, mountains, etc, when I go up fishing, but I also want something that will be good for relics/coins as that is what it will most likely be used for. I want a detector that is easy to keep ground balanced and one that will not be driven crazy by hot rocks.

What would you guys suggest? From what I've read, the Minelab X-Terra 705 and the White's MXT Tracker are two of the top metal detectors for all around use.

From the conditions and targets you describe I'd say the MXT with the 6X9 DD is the ideal set up.

Check out the Tesoro lineup. The higher frequency is supposed to be better at finding small gold. They are very well recomended especially folks living out west. If you dont mind not having a visual target identification screen , the lower end models have all or nearly all of the sensitivity and depth as the high end ones with the visual readout. I think the tejon, cortez, and tigershark have manual ground balance. The lobo supertrac is supposed to be especially for gold hunting.

Universal Detector

I'm with Rudy. The MXT is near perfect plus it has a GMT like prospecting mode that allows you to chase pools of black sand which can hold gold deposits. I use mine to find the black sand to dig a test sample for my dry washer. Gets you closer and lessens unnecessary digging.

I have found some very small gold with it.

Kenny:tumble:

Back
Top Bottom