Glad I checked the Coinstar reject tray AGAIN when leaving !

coinstar finds

I tend to keep a lot of the foreign coinstar coins finds , clean them up and give them to kids that come up and ask about detecting. A shinny foreign coin has to be more exciting that a discolored crusty clad coin. :laughing:

I tend to keep a lot of the foreign coinstar coins finds , clean them up and give them to kids that come up and ask about detecting. A shinny foreign coin has to be more exciting that a discolored crusty clad coin. :laughing:

To a young kid getting a coin simply being from another country should be neat to them regardless of the actual value !

….and if you run out of those you could always give them one of those plastic pennies you mentioned before :laughing:

That a lucky haul.. someone wasn't paying attention.Our local Coinstar is usually empty by the time we get to it cuz the bums scarf it up. I found a couple of roseys and a 1903 Mexican peso once which was just crazy. I noticed towards the end of the month people cash in more change cuz they're running out of money that's when we try to check at the most.

I suspect in most cases, people leave these because they are rejected early while they are still dumping coins and simply don’t hear them hitting bottom due to the noise they are still making above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, always worth checking. My best haul last winter was almost 30 silver quarters, a silver half and a couple silver dimes, all in one shot. The reject cup was entirely full.

That a lucky haul.. someone wasn't paying attention.Our local Coinstar is usually empty by the time we get to it cuz the bums scarf it up. I found a couple of roseys and a 1903 Mexican peso once which was just crazy. I noticed towards the end of the month people cash in more change cuz they're running out of money that's when we try to check at the most.

Thanks, a 1903 Mexican peso ? now that would seem to be an unusual Coinstar find :shock:

I suspect in most cases, people leave these because they are rejected early while they are still dumping coins and simply don’t hear them hitting bottom due to the noise they are still making above.

Sent from my iPhone u sing Tapatalk

That's sounds like a very good possibility, especially if they are new at using them.

Congrats, always worth checking. My best haul last winter was almost 30 silver quarters, a silver half and a couple silver dimes, all in one shot. The reject cup was entirely full.

Thanks, wow :shock:, you got more silver in one Coinstar haul than most might get in years of checking :lol:

Thanks, a 1903 Mexican peso ? now that would seem to be an unusual Coinstar find :shock:

That's sounds like a very good possibility, especially if they are new at using them.

Thanks, wow :shock:, you got more silver in one Coinstar haul than most might get in years of checking :lol:

Here's a shot of that coin,
After looking at it again its a 1906 1c centavo. My bad memory. Found in the coinstar.

Last edited:
Here's a shot of that coin,
After looking at it again its a 1906 1c centavo. My bad memory. Found in the coinstar.

Neat ! Very detailed condition for the age of the coin, my guess is for it to end up in a Coinstar maybe it was part of someone's coin collection.

I never can figure out why people leave perfectly good spendable quarters in the tray :?: Unless it's as K&T said, they use it for a coinholder then forget. I sure wouldn't forget that many Q's.

When I read this post the other day, I just snickered and shook my head because in & around Panama City, FL and Norfolk, VA, I have never found a cent in those machines. However, tonight I ran run to the grocery store for a supper item and for the first time, I collected a Coinstar reject - a 1974 dime!

Coinstar

When I read this post the other day, I just snickered and shook my head because in & around Panama City, FL and Norfolk, VA, I have never found a cent in those machines. However, tonight I ran run to the grocery store for a supper item and for the first time, I collected a Coinstar reject - a 1974 dime!

All ways hit and miss on them ,most times I check find nothing but some dirt and sand in the return tray. The store I hit regularly recently moved their machine from a out of the way spot with low traffic, to right beside the customer service counter . Since the move there is more traffic by it and more people checking it. I noticed the other day the lady behind the counter had a number of tokens she was using to finish scratching off winning lottery tickets to cash them in for customers . Pretty sure I know where those tokens came from. :laughing:

Jackpot

It's been a long time since I found anything in our local grocery store Coinstar and usually when I do it's a crusty Zincoln (or a few), but since I pass by the Coinstar on the way in and out of the store I keep looking anyhow :lol:

Today on the way in the store I found a dime !
View attachment 445060

I almost wasn't going to bother checking it again on the way out of the store but I am glad I did, I think it is my biggest Coinstar haul ever ! $4.29 (add the dime from the way in for a total of $4.39 !) :shock:
View attachment 445061

For those not yet familiar with Coinstar -

https://www.coinstar.com/

Coinstar has a new feature I just saw -

https://www.coinstar.com/amazoncash

Looks like Gary needs to make a excuse to run to the store more often and repeat that find.

Back
Top Bottom