• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Great New Permission nets 5 Silvers and $4.22 Clad

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Went over to a buddies house today to talk fishing but got to looking at the age of his house and size of his yard and ended up asking if I could run my machine through his yard. He said have at it. I didn't know I would end up digging 72 coins, including 5 SILVERS and 2 Wheaties. WOW, all out of one yard and curb strip. It was 91 degrees here in Kansas today so I got quite the workout. I started out on the curb strip and front yard and dug $2.85 in clad plus the 1943 WAR NICKEL. Took about 3 hours. Decided I needed to take a break, come home refuel with some food and water. After about an hour I was feeling good again and thought there has to be some silver in that yard. Started in the side yard and hadn't hunted for 15 minutes and hit the 1962D Roosevelt dime. WAHOOOO !! Sudden surge of energy. Ended up hitting the 1964 Roosevelt dime about 20' away. I am feeling pretty good about the day, (3) silver day. I am usually limited to (1) silver a hunt. I worked my way around to the other side of the house hit the 1920 wheat cent and not far away the 1945D . Its HOT, and I am getting tired but I thought suck it up and GET THAT SILVER. Between all the pennies and clad I finally hit the 1947S Roosevelt dime. Now I am thinking I am all that on a popsicle stick, (4) Silvers in one hunt. WAHOOOO! I got towards the back yard and got a sweet 12/47 9" down. Out comes this 1898 Barber quarter. WOW. GREAT HUNT for me! Love finding Barber coins, probably my favorite coins. I didn't go far and dug the "Coeur D'Alene Hardware & Foundry Wallace, Idaho plate. It was about 12" deep. This plate is heavy duty and measures approx. 4" x 2" and appears to be made of copper. Cool old plate. Not far from there I dug the silver baby spoon about 4" deep. I'm getting tired and did I mention how hot it was. Started working my way back to the truck and found more clad. And what hunt wouldn't be complete without digging a 1974 Hot Wheel. GREAT DAY !! CTX was on point. I hunted mostly in, Coins / Ground Coin / Fast On / Combined Tones. I switched around a little but I find that the Tones and VDI are most consistent in Ground Coin. Cant wait to get back over there. Ended up with $4.22 in clad and the (5) silvers, (2) wheats.

Attachments

• 062219 hunt.JPG
    062219 hunt.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 062219 hunt2.JPG
    062219 hunt2.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 062219 hunt3.JPG
    062219 hunt3.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 062219 hunt4.JPG
    062219 hunt4.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 262
Wow, thats an awesome silver haul. I hope to dig a barber some day.

An amazing hot hunt Jerry. A 5 Silver day on a surprise permission is just what the doctor ordered. Love the Barber Quarter only with a very fine clad take. The break in the middle was well deserved in that kinda heat. Congrats! Trapper

An amazing hot hunt Jerry. A 5 Silver day on a surprise permission is just what the doctor ordered. Love the Barber Quarter only with a very fine clad take. The break in the middle was well deserved in that kinda heat. Congrats! Trapper

Thanks Trapper, it was hot but well worth it. Cant wait to get back over there but RAINING today. Im sure there are more coins there.

Back
Top Bottom