Hat Trick for Goal

Foragist

Forum Supporter
This year, I set my goal of dug silver coins at 46; exactly double my previous record of 23 last year. Before today, I was at 43. It's been raining a lot, so it was all mud and standing water today. I went to a local curb strip that I started to hunt in the past, but never finished. First target: junk. Second, third, and fourth targets: Mercury dimes. Three in a row! I call that a hat trick. Next 60 or 70 targets: not silver, but I did get some clad, a few wheats, my second Wisconsin Junior Conservation League pin, and my very first ever Chuck E Cheese token! Happy day!
My official dug silver coin count is now 46. Since the rest of the year is unpredictable, I won't really reset my goal, but I think 50 is doable.

Attachments

• DSCN8328.jpg
    DSCN8328.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCN8326 (2).jpg
    DSCN8326 (2).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 237
Congrats Blaise on the 3 Merc's and reaching your goal. Been telling you that 50 is in your reach and I do think you will attain it. Trapper

Nice job reaching the goal! Congrats!
Thanks Tom. I am enjoying this accomplishment!
Congrats on the silvers! Three dimes is pretty darn good.
Thanks JAK. Three in one day is a rarity for me; let alone three in a row!
Congrats Blaise on the 3 Merc's and reaching your goal. Been telling you that 50 is in your reach and I do think you will attain it. Trapper
Thanks Trap. I'll be trying...right up until the ground freezes.

Congrats on hitting your goal! You still have time to crush it!
Thanks. "crush it" - I like that idea!
Congrats on the trio of Mercs and the rest...nice work on the 3 in a row and adding to the season totals!
Thanks Capt. The third one really surprised me. The signal was more like a copper penny; 23/24 and a little choppy.
Congrats on reaching your goal! And digging three silvers in a row? Outstanding!
It's a good feeling to reach a months long goal. The hat trick made a special memory out of it too. Thanks

Can I be just a teeny bit jealous??? I have not found a silver coin in so long that I have forgot what one looks like. I have found a total of ZERO this year.
Congratulations on an outstanding year of silver finds

Can I be just a teeny bit jealous??? I have not found a silver coin in so long that I have forgot what one looks like. I have found a total of ZERO this year.

That's OK George. I'm a bit jealous of you too. You got the long, successful marriage, yet can get away with that strange woman neck kissing incident! :lol:
I'm sure you have lots of silver bearing turf around there, if you really felt like going after it.

I can see why you kept going so long after the triple right away! That is a really good feeling to dig one after another,but it’s not incredibly often...
Great feeling to hit that target number too,everyone has goals. You’ll likely wind up closer to 75 now that the number has been hit,it seems to work that way. No matter what,you did good man,you did really good. Nice work!:grin:

I feel downright silly giving advice to a veteran hunter but here ya go buddy!
1) CTX
2) Old turf
3) High Trash Target separation
4) CO number MUST be 45-48
5) Target MUST register 6”+ on the meter
6) Target MUST hit both ways
7) Do NOT deviate from 1-6 above
8) Snap picture of silver for us!:grin

I can see why you kept going so long after the triple right away! That is a really good feeling to dig one after another,but it’s not incredibly often...
Great feeling to hit that target number too,everyone has goals. You’ll likely wind up closer to 75 now that the number has been hit,it seems to work that way. No matter what,you did good man,you did really good. Nice work!:grin:

Very nice!!! Congrats!!!

Congrats on the mercs! :waytogo:

Congrats on the silvers and hitting your goal!

Congratulations on reaching 46. Hopefully you get many more before the ground freezes.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom