Do you rate the AT Max as a deep unit?

Dude you need to grow up ....for real :laughing: you sound like my 5 year old daughter with her friends :lol: I don't own a deus either...almost every post you have made you have been rude and disrespectful...if you dont like it then kindly move along, real men are talking here...

Aw, that's cute.

This started out as a Max thread.

Yep...and other than my previous posts, the Max has been mentioned exactly twice in the last 30+ posts, and that includes your statement quoted above. Thread is drifting like the snow outside!

Yep...and other than my previous posts, the Max has been mentioned exactly twice in the last 30+ posts, and that includes your statement quoted above. Thread is drifting like the snow outside!

A calaBASH staple.

Funny thing is, when I visit an F75 forum I don't go in talking about the Max and what it can do better. Same thing with a Garrett forum. I don't talk about what my 75 does better. Each has their strengths. But "good ol boy CD" can't do that.

your all wrong im right lmao im not brand loyal and have used most machines.. ive used machines that do a better job than what i have called a favorite. my favorite does not mean best, it simply means what i like best and i connect with the best.. we all know the deus is a better machine options wise and function wise, but that does not translate to favorite or best.. the atmax does really well for me. i do have a equinox 800 on order too. guess what? i may sell my atpro or max or both who knows... i actually sold all of my machines over the last year - year and a half anticipating a new great beast hitting the market and all used detectors losing most of their value.. now we see the equinox and look at the used prices. glad i sold them all.. i miss none of them.. i am retired and simplified my life. funny thing is i vacation down south every year to see alot of my family near calabash,north carolina.. i have nothing against calabash as he is just passionate about his beliefs like me.. nothing wrong with that. does he rub people the wrong way? maybe... i probably do to. so anyway i own 2 detectors at the moment... max and pro soon a third eq 800 most likely from what ive seen and read i will still have 2, eq 800 and max....

Look me up when your down this way , I might feed you a seafood plate at my families seafood joint if you act right.. lol might even take you on a hunt with your new equinox , I don't allow garrets on my sites ..:laughing: Look me up next time your down though. Its all fun but some get bent out of shape sometimes and I do too some times...

well calabash i just may.. would have this last summer/fall but we ended up taking camper to Georgia .. Savanna area. i will contact you closer to when i know a time.. weather is pretty bad now and dont see any good weather down the road.. single digits all week

Panties in a wad :)

This is one of the best I have ever seen on any forum on how the Deus crowd is all spun out of control/hurt their feelings.... keep it up TN and Cala.. This is so entertaining... its so much fun... LOL LOL LOL

Gary from Oregon

I can’t say there are any 12 inch coins here,the oldest I’ve dug was 1844 large cent,and it was about 6 inches..I rarely dig a coin past 7 ,and that’s using just about every machine made.So either the Etrac,deus,signum 7272,F75ltd2 can’t go beyond 7 inches in my soil,or coins just don’t sink that far..Got to be one of the 2 because I’ve covered miles of ground with those machines,and would find it hard to believe I never got a coil over a 12 inch coin if it was there.

My thoughts exactly. I rarely find coins more than 7 true inches down. I see people posting about coins 10” + down but most likely these people don’t know how to measure properly. One day I decided to measure what I thought to be a very deep coin - it was 6 3/4”. I am a fisheries biologist by trade - I’m programmed for exact measurements. I am also an avid fisherman and see amature and professional fisherman exaggerate the size of their catch daily. It makes them feel “accomplished” and they constantly try to one up each other. This hobby is practically the same thing... I work for a fishing tackle company and see and hear stories every day. Sure, some may be legit but for every guy who measures starting with the zero line there’s another that starts at the one inch line, lol. And pros talking about 5 pound bass... so many times I have been with these guys and put their 5 pounder on a scale - 4.10 lbs... In the end you can find more old coins by research and location, anyway.

My thoughts exactly. I rarely find coins more than 7 true inches down. I see people posting about coins 10” + down but most likely these people don’t know how to measure properly. One day I decided to measure what I thought to be a very deep coin - it was 6 3/4”. I am a fisheries biologist by trade - I’m programmed for exact measurements. I am also an avid fisherman and see amature and professional fisherman exaggerate the size of their catch daily. It makes them feel “accomplished” and they constantly try to one up each other. This hobby is practically the same thing... I work for a fishing tackle company and see and hear stories every day. Sure, some may be legit but for every guy who measures starting with the zero line there’s another that starts at the one inch line, lol. And pros talking about 5 pound bass... so many times I have been with these guys and put their 5 pounder on a scale - 4.10 lbs... In the end you can find more old coins by research and location, anyway.

I am a very exacting guy myself, And I can agree that there are many fish stories on here. But there are many coins dug exactly as deep as many claim too. It is not rocket science measuring how deep a coin is. Even a fish Biologist can do it:laughing: Take as a joke, I work with a bunch of you guys so it is kind of a inside joke

In the right soil deep finds like some claim do happen..

I am no biologist.

I do know how to use a ruler though.
Plus I know how long my pinpointer is.

Some times I do exacting measurements, other times I do general measurements.

Just depends.

Maybe I should be measuring how deep my fishy finds are based on total depth, fork depth or standard depth. Lol

Antiques Detectors have both the AT Max AND the XP Deus in stock. Just sayin !!!!

Yes we do know how to measure depth.. the Garrett propointer AT is how long? I've dug many coins deeper than that is long. Alot have been with the Max..dug a spoon almost as deep as my 18" Sampson digger. My Ohio dirt may be the cause for deeper stuff. Some places out of state I don't ever dig that deep.

QUOTE=spenglure;2872531]My thoughts exactly. I rarely find coins more than 7 true inches down. I see people posting about coins 10” + down but most likely these people don’t know how to measure properly. One day I decided to measure what I thought to be a very deep coin - it was 6 3/4”. I am a fisheries biologist by trade - I’m programmed for exact measurements. I am also an avid fisherman and see amature and professional fisherman exaggerate the size of their catch daily. It makes them feel “accomplished” and they constantly try to one up each other. This hobby is practically the same thing... I work for a fishing tackle company and see and hear stories every day. Sure, some may be legit but for every guy who measures starting with the zero line there’s another that starts at the one inch line, lol. And pros talking about 5 pound bass... so many times I have been with these guys and put their 5 pounder on a scale - 4.10 lbs... In the end you can find more old coins by research and location, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yes we do know how to measure depth.. the Garrett propointer AT is how long? I've dug many coins deeper than that is long. Alot have been with the Max..dug a spoon almost as deep as my 18" Sampson digger. My Ohio dirt may be the cause for deeper stuff. Some places out of state I don't ever dig that deep.

QUOTE=spenglure;2872531]My thoughts exactly. I rarely find coins more than 7 true inches down. I see people posting about coins 10” + down but most likely these people don’t know how to measure properly. One day I decided to measure what I thought to be a very deep coin - it was 6 3/4”. I am a fisheries biologist by trade - I’m programmed for exact measurements. I am also an avid fisherman and see amature and professional fisherman exaggerate the size of their catch daily. It makes them feel “accomplished” and they constantly try to one up each other. This hobby is practically the same thing... I work for a fishing tackle company and see and hear stories every day. Sure, some may be legit but for every guy who measures starting with the zero line there’s another that starts at the one inch line, lol. And pros talking about 5 pound bass... so many times I have been with these guys and put their 5 pounder on a scale - 4.10 lbs... In the end you can find more old coins by research and location, anyway.
[/QUOTE]

If have dug coins, etc deeper than Garrett pro Pointer deep.
Can the pinpointer using its length still be used to approximate depth?
Sure.
Btw when I bend my index finger, the second joint is right at 1" long.

I do comment using the Garrett propointer length in comments, like Garret propointer length deep plus 1" or plus 2" approx for example.

I don't carry a tape measure or ruler with me at all times.

But do when reporting try to report accurate data and reflect if approximating is used.
I think folks are looking for trends-depth wise as far as models detectors with different coils.

So my data posted in just one piece of data.
There will be others.
I do also comment on soil mineral levels using F75 bar graph or Deus dots in mineralization index meter. Use Bars in Impact's window too.

I am a very exacting guy myself, And I can agree that there are many fish stories on here. But there are many coins dug exactly as deep as many claim too. It is not rocket science measuring how deep a coin is. Even a fish Biologist can do it:laughing: Take as a joke, I work with a bunch of you guys so it is kind of a inside joke

In the right soil deep finds like some claim do happen..

None taken. I was in the world of fish research but ended up landing a job as an engineer. I will admit my finds are way deeper in wet sand though... but that’s probabaly true of most detectors. I was basing my comments on soil depth finds.

I do report actual depth. The propointer has a ruler on it so I put finger at the end of the pointer then measure rest of depth. I just used the digger and pointer in this post for examples..

But do when reporting try to report accurate data and reflect if approximating is used.
I think folks are looking for trends-depth wise as far as models detectors with different coils.

Back
Top Bottom