New BeachHunter ID

can52

Just got back from a local beach on Lake Ontario, trying out my new BeachHunter ID. Finds were slim with 4 beer bottle caps, 1 pulltab and 1 piece of aluminum in 2 to 3 feet of water. I got a lot of falsing in discriminate mode but all metal was fairly stable. May be due to power lines running along the beach. Any advice on operating will be appreciated.(Pinpointing and depth estimation) Thanks in advance,

Can,

When I pinpoint with my PI I use the left hand section of my coil and I angle it so it would look like I was chopping with it although I am not. When I PP like this I usually have my target in the first or second scoop if its fairly shallow.

As far as depth is concerned it doesn't matter.. when you are in the ater and are digging with a beach scoop... You dig until you hear no more signal over the hole and hopefully the target is in your scoop.

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do about the power lines since you're running multi-frequency and cannot single one out like the DFX. I had the same problem but when I was able to isolate at just a single 15khz the stability came back.

Thanks for the help guys.
Cfmct..... I'll try your method.
Tony..... You are correct. My DFX is stable right under these powerlines in 15khz.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom