Cobb, Paulding and Douglas Counties Georgia

I live in Douglas County, I think I know a few good spots for civil war relics and some old mid 1800's home sites too. I'm somewhat new but I have a Whites V3i. Anyone want to get together sometime soon and check out some of these spots in Douglas county?

I would! And i got a few as well. Let me know...

Well I myself am free quite a bit as I'm not working right now. What days are good for everyone else? Saturday and Sunday I'm guessing? How about Saturday march 9 at Douglas County High School at noon, meet at the front of the school? It's got a good bit of land to search and it's basically in the historic part of town and it must be pretty old. also people stand in the grassy area as the parade passes each year in front of the school. Could make for some great finds. Who can make it? Weather says high of 67 for that day :yes:

I'm a mail man and we're still working on Saturday...for now.

Sunday anybody?

Have you ever tried the Bulah Ruritan park off South Burnt Hickory? I've been there a couple of times.

I have searched almost every park in the county and I just started this year but I haven't been to Beulah, although I have checked it out with Google earth and it's on my list whenever I get the urge to go there... I guess I just didn't expect it to be very fruitful though. Sunday would be fine with me weather looks good for Sun March 10th also, high of 63. Douglas County Highschool on Sunday at Noon instead? or another location perhaps?

If you guys make it on a Sunday then count me in.

Brian

Well right now it looks like Sunday is the winner. So again let's shoot for 12:00 PM on Sunday March 10th at Douglas County High School.

or we could make it earlier if you all want, we could do 10:00 AM. Let me know.

The address is 8705 Campbellton St, Douglasville, GA.

Coordinates: 33° 44.611'N 84° 44.589'W

Let's dig it!! :digginahole:

I would be in for 10 am, unless the temps are below 40. I am not a glutton for punishment. But maybe just to get our first outing in the books, I will make a weather exception. ;)

I am good for about four hours on Sunday. It should be fun. Maybe this will bring some life back to the Georgia group. :D

Brian

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
highschool2.jpg

Oh and don't forget to set your clocks forward, Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 10

This is the first I heard about it. Thanks for the heads-up. I am sure that I would have found out before Sunday, but you never know. :D

I guess it's also worth mentioning I haven't asked the school for permission but I've never had any problems metal detecting at schools, besides the police around here have much better stuff to do than harass good people like ourselves.

I think Sub Dude and I are on the same page: Public is Public unless posted or instructed otherwise. :D

However, I avoid the actual football field and the area at the front of the school. I am kind of liking the area off to the side of the practice field. It is away from the beaten path and not a manicured area.

Back
Top Bottom