Charge times...??

BitsNBytes

Hello to the forum..

Just getting into MD. Bought my son a Prism II and am thinking of an Ace 250 for myself. One question I don't see discussed much is battery life. From what I can tell seems neither machine is "rechargeable" so I guess NiCads and a charger are on order..

What is the general charge life of these types of detectors (detect time)? Is that a factor when choosing a MD? Does your MD detection ability decrease in relation to your battery strength?

Really looking forward to fun quality time with my son (and daughter - but unless I could detect new shoes or the latest craze perfume I doubt she will last long :P).

Thanks and have enjoyed reading this forum..

BitsNBytes,

Welcome to the forum!!

There are a couple of real complete threads on that very subject here on this forum. They are in "Detectors and Gear" forum, in the section entitled "How to use your Metal Detector", they are at the very top of the page. The subject is entitled "Battery Clinic Chapters 1&2". I think those threads will be able to answer all your questions.

Tom

Hey BitsNBytes, welcome to the forum, and the addiction that all of us share here. Good to see your getting the kids involved in the hobby as well. They will remember it the rest of their lives. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom