X terra 705

Reffitt20

I recently bought a x terra 705 and I am coming here for advice. I started off with a Garret Ace 250 for a year and became fairly efficent with it. I have access to great spots to hit and in a year I found four silver dimes, one silver quarter and lots of wheat pennys, and alot of clad and so forth. I really like the ace 250 but like many of us I found myself wanting more depth and descrimination so i got the x terra 705.

I understand there is a learning curve for each machine no doubt but I have read Randy Horton digger guys book and did alot of research but I am not having any luck finding coins yet. After five or more hours still no coins at all.

My detector has the 9" concentric coil and I jump in between All metal mode and all the settings 1-4. I did everything that sounds clean.

One thing I do know is I have not heard one clean signal 34 or above which ofcourse the silver coin targets.

Do I just need more time on machine? am i getting to ancy?

Whats the number one thing I need to work on to dig silver? Settings? Swing Speed?, ground balance?, noise cancel?

thanks for your help in advance

I would put on auto ground balance with ground tracking on, that changes the balance to best suit the ground your machine is over. I would noise cancel as well. Then I would notch out every negative number. General 40'snare silver coins unless it is a war nickel

swing very slow and also get the 6" digger coil from Coiltek ... had mine most of the summer and it really surprises me some times at what I can find at places I have hammered with other machines and the stock coil

The only reason that I'm not in the middle of this thread, is because we're already helping him on another forum where he's also getting advice from Randy directly.

after several hundred hours on mine starting with the stock coil and found a few more coins, when I went to the 3kHz 6" digger coil I have to work slow and overlap a lot but it has pulled stuff out I'd been over many a times ... first turn it to 4 tones and all metal then find a clean spot to set it up. I ground balance first(auto) then hit the tracking button then do the Noise reduction on Auto ... do both auto set, you have up on the menu then hit the pick symbol to auto set. I don't see me putting a 9" coil back on unless it's really clean ...I'd pass on the 9" conc. in 3kHz and go straight to the 6" DD digger in 3kHz. slow, smooth and keep it level and overlap and it will find the goods, might be slower but you'll find plenty more

Back
Top Bottom