Racer 2 disc questions

Semtav

Elite Member
couple questions for someone that has use the racer.

Been hunting an area that was used for a demolition derby. Lots of junk in the ground. I did find one 56 Rosie there so I want to hit it more.

Because of all the trash, I notched out everything below 65 and notched the nickel back in (and it ran super smooth and quiet)

1. how much depth does one loose notching out that much. ( say running in 2 tone or deep)
2. ( and this one is kinda hard to ask so its understandable) will you hear the same amount of coins thru the disc as you do thru the masking?
In other words, will I get the same brief coin signal thru the disced out tones as I do trying to sneak thru the masked objects or does the nulling take out more wanted tones ( and vdi) ?

couple questions for someone that has use the racer.

Been hunting an area that was used for a demolition derby. Lots of junk in the ground. I did find one 56 Rosie there so I want to hit it more.

Because of all the trash, I notched out everything below 65 and notched the nickel back in (and it ran super smooth and quiet)

1. how much depth does one loose notching out that much. ( say running in 2 tone or deep)
2. ( and this one is kinda hard to ask so its understandable) will you hear the msound same amount of coins thru the disc as you do thru the masking?
In other words, will I get the same brief coin signal thru the disced out tones as I do trying to sneak thru the masked objects or does the nulling take out more wanted tones ( and vdi) ?

Depth wise you are ok.
Notch though can compromise the detector's ability to separate somewhat depending on scenario at hand. This really applies to all detectors. So you by doing what you are, there are trade offs. Meaning some good stuff will be missed (not give tone). Averaging of conductivity levels will happen and this average will fall sometimes inside your notch area, hence you won't hear.

Depth wise you are ok.
Notch though can compromise the detector's ability to separate somewhat depending on scenario at hand. This really applies to all detectors. So you by doing what you are, there are trade offs. Meaning some good stuff will be missed (not give tone). Averaging of conductivity levels will happen and this average will fall sometimes inside your notch area, hence you won't hear.

I agree,with the racer 2 you do best running very little disc.The tone break and tone pitch can be set to make good targets(silver) just stand out.

Thanks
I tried 2 tone with the tone break at 28 and zero on the iron audio and that made hunting the area a lot better. Sniffed out a couple clad , but no silver.

Back
Top Bottom