Silver Cameo Yesterday; UPDATED With Mediocre Cleaning Results

Could you enlarge the pictures of the decrepit FP's :lol:
How about a picture of my current cache of a year of them? :lol: AND if you look carefully they're "Fat Free"! :laughing:
Btw, what do you do with those crusty pennies? I'm guessing the banks won't take them so do you have a bucket of them at home?
I separate the pennies from the other clad in 2 different pretzel jars. As you can see the penny jar is almost full. I will go through the jar in a couple of weeks during my Spring Break and "triage" the pennies. Shiny ones and those that don't need cleaning will go in a Tupperware. Those that just need a bit of tumbling will get tumbled. Then I'll see how many of the bad ones I can save by hammering the crust off 1st and then tumbling. Some will not be salvageable and those I will save for when I visit Connecticut beaches one day which I believe are lacking in this much maligned type of currency. :laughing:
On the 54 Felix pennies , the best of the best :thumbsup::wow2::crazy::wincup::tiphat:
Earl, if I did this hobby to only find gold I would've quit 10 years ago. :yes: For the time I've put in detecting, a part time job at McDonald's would've earned me more money than all the gold and silver I've found. BUT WHAT I CAN SAY is that all my detectors have MORE than paid for themselves! AND I have also paid for 2 over month long trips to Spain (one with my daughter) with just some the stuff I've sold. ;) :D

Attachments

• Jar.jpg
    Jar.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 94
I don't know how long that was down there before I found it but this is the only beach I have found a Merc and a Buffalo. Despite electrolysis and hours of tumbling this is the best I can get it to.
'eh, it is still pretty neat! I've had some miserable results when trying to do electrolysis and I think yours still turned out better than mine. :lol:

Thanks for the update on the cleaning Felix. Maybe the hammer would have been better on the crust ;) but I guess either way you'd be endangering the ???ivory??? face. :roll:

Thanks for the update on the cleaning Felix. Maybe the hammer would have been better on the crust ;) but I guess either way you'd be endangering the ???ivory??? face. :roll:
I didn't consider that it might be ivory :wow:. I think you may be right! Thanks!!

I don't know how long that was down there before I found it but this is the only beach I have found a Merc and a Buffalo. Despite electrolysis and hours of tumbling this is the best I can get it to.

By tumbling it you appear to have removed some of the detail from the cameo.

How about a picture of my current cache of a year of them? :lol: AND if you look carefully they're "Fat Free"! :laughing:

They might be fat free but need a warning for people who have high blood pressure not to attempt to drink the broth you are going to make :lol:

Back
Top Bottom