Last Several Hunts...(Just Got Back From Touring Lake Huron/Georgian Bay)

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
DSCN0362_zps7u26wtpc.jpg~original

Just returned from a nice trip out east to the Great Lakes Region. Here is a pic of my wifey and I enjoying some quiet time on Flower Pot Island in Georgian Bay.

DSCN0395_zps9vczc3qj.jpg~original

The food was good too! Hear's a healthy breakfast I had the following morning. Needed the fuel (bacon) to keep warm in the cold water with no wet suit.

DSC_1149_zps4ykv4uku.jpg~original

After 3 water hunts and many sandy beach hunts, I got all this loot. Three pennies came out of the water, the rest was on the beach. No rings this trip.

DSC_1151_zps3q6qdo6w.jpg~original

Here's today's hunt. About an hour in the pouring rain. Found an unknown token and a silver spoon.

DSC_1154_zpsbomxxc8e.jpg~original

The "JIGGER"S BUCK" token above is a new one for me. I haven't been able to get any more information on it?

DSC_1160_zpsav9pgpvo.jpg~original

Well.......if you can't find a ring, you can at least make one. This stainless steel spoon-ring was a first for me, as it was pretty thin and easy to form. All the others I have found were just too thick to work with.

Attachments

• 70033_1.jpg
    70033_1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 351
I was stunned the first time I saw Georgian Bay and was told it was just a small part of Lake Huron. It is just a bay and still bigger than Rhode Island. I like to fish Gloucester Pool, which seems to be just a smaller part of Lake Huron. Beautiful area, it is.

Great Pictures! They remind me of the good times I've had at Tobermory! We used to spend summers there diving the local shipwrecks back in the 1980's. I have even been diving off of Flower Pot Island. They have the most beautiful sunsets there.

Back
Top Bottom