a new spot produces a few oldies and a first for me

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
It's been a little while since I last posted any finds but I just had to post this slick little dateless beauty.
This new (to me) spot is fairly small so it was surprising how fast it gave up some pretty old coins,
I was there for a few hours and pulled a SLQ, (my first), 2 IHPs, a dateless Buff, and 4 Wheaties, Not too shabby!
The IHPs are complete toast but I don't mind, they're fun to find.

I hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe out there!

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

Sorry about the pics, I hope to get better at resizing them.

Small spot? With all that? Wow!
It used to be an open field at one time but now has 3 baseball diamonds and a tot lot that are all fenced off, you can't hunt the ballfields, just a L shaped piece left, probably less than 1.5 football fields. Small but still plenty of area left to go over.
Nice hunt...congrats!
Thank you!

That SLQ may be a bit worn but still a beauty Ron. Attaboy on a tough find and congrats on the Ihps, wheats and Buff. Looks like you have yourself a pretty good spot. I would imagine there would be more there. Good luck, Mark

Great little spot you've found. Maybe it has been overlooked because of the modern development on it.

The slq and indians prove there has to be more there.

SLQ is a real nice coin to find, and the slick ones make it even better when it has a date!

Awesome finds Ron, I have only recovered 2 standers since I started, and they were inches apart from each other. One was slick, one was a 1928. They are some tough coins to find for sure, and one of my favorite designs! Big congrats, and good luck when you get back out there!

Well done with all those good recoveries! Those worn down SLQs have character and probably some good stories to go with them too.
Thanks JAK!
Great bucket lister,The SLQ is a hard one to get.. All great finds,,Congrats.
Thank you Pete!
A nice hunt, Ron. Never saw a SLQ that slick before.

Jim
Thanks Jim!
X2 Congrats :yes:
Thanks Soil Surgeon!
That SLQ may be a bit worn but still a beauty Ron. Attaboy on a tough find and congrats on the Ihps, wheats and Buff. Looks like you have yourself a pretty good spot. I would imagine there would be more there. Good luck, Mark
Thank you Mark! I hunted it again this morning and will have a new post soon!
Great little spot you've found. Maybe it has been overlooked because of the modern development on it.

The slq and indians prove there has to be more there.

SLQ is a real nice coin to find, and the slick ones make it even better when it has a date!
Thanks Gimmie! I think your right, I really didn't even want to stop to hunt it, Even the tot lot hadn't been hit, coins everywhere!
Nice bunch of treasure Ron! I hope to dig an SLQ some day.
Thank you MTtrashdigger!
Heck of a day there! The SLQ still eludes me, hopefully someday I’ll get lucky. Congratulations
Thank you CTpilgrim!
Awesome finds Ron, I have only recovered 2 standers since I started, and they were inches apart from each other. One was slick, one was a 1928. They are some tough coins to find for sure, and one of my favorite designs! Big congrats, and good luck when you get back out there!
Thank you Jeff! I think Iv'e finally found a small patch of virgin ground,
Only took me 5 years :lol:

Back
Top Bottom