Found a cap gun cemetery...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Been hunting an area in my park that is pretty junky/trashy, might even had been part of a landfill at one time.
Pretty close to the backyards of some homes and I have been finding a ton of cap gun parts in this area but mostly just bits and pieces.
This had to be a popular play area for kids back in the day.
Yesterday I found a complete gun in pretty great shape although it came up in three pieces...the body, the barrel and the trigger guard.
A small one, a Hubley Star model only 6.5" long designed for younger kids.
Probably from the 50's so in fantastic condition considering.

Also found this butane lighter in some woods near this more open site, no-name brand and more modern but still cool because I love digging up lighters of any kind.

Attachments

• photostudio_1464698599545.jpg
    photostudio_1464698599545.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 178
Great finds! That musta been one hell of a shootout! Every boy had a cap gun or two in the 50's...Remember those red rolls of paper caps? Then in the 60's, you wernt nothing unless you had a Daisy BB gun...Then Crosman pump pellet guns in the 70's....Wrist rockets and recurve bows too! Then in the 80's, Remington Nylon66 or Marlin .22s...then in the 90's,....just a knife...Nowadays, if you are a boy, you are lucky to get an I phone and a plastic rape whistle!:laughing:
Mud

Nice finds - I hear there's a company in Texas, I think, that is still making those six shooter cap guns. Saw a story about it on "How It's Made".

Back
Top Bottom