went gold panning

hawgdawg

Forum Supporter
Not sure if this is where this post goes or not but I went gold panning yesterday for the first time. Had some fun found a few flakes learnedly a little bit and looking forward to the next chance I get. My daughter went and a friend and his wife and daughter. My daughter did some gem mining and found a bunch of gemstones . I think a couple of the old timers there hooked her up she came out with one really nice big blue sparkly stone. Anyway just nice to be out good weather for it. Well if this doesn't belong here and the rumors are true it will be gone tomorrow anyway....:lol:

It was a lot of fun. I told the folks running the store the one thing they weren't selling that they should sell was backache pills. Hard work little return.. but fun.. try it if you get a chance..

Where did you go for the panning/gem mining?

My brother and I are headed that way in 2 weeks for a extended weekend gold/gem hunting adventure. We've been planning for a while and think we'll stop in Hiddenite for the emerald mine and then head towards Thermal City and the surrounding areas for some gold.

We're not expecting to find much, but it's an adventure none the less.

We went to thermal city.. they have the gold and gem mining at the same site. I'm going to check out reeds gold mine and go back to cotton patch. I went to cotton patch the other week but didn't get a chance to pan. I was just watching some guys sluicing and trying to learn. Ill give an update on these places as soon as I can. All these places are within a few hours drive so you hit them all if you have time. Let me know when your coming down.. I'm always looking for a reason to get out. Thermal city is pretty nice ill go back there again.

Back
Top Bottom