Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II,WHITE'S Surfmaster PI Dual Field or WHITE'S BeachHunter ID 300

LIBear

Forum Supporter
I am looking to get a Salt water detector. Does anyone own any of these? Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II,WHITE'S Surfmaster PI Dual Field or WHITE'S BeachHunter ID 300 any info about preformance would be great.

After much research and budget consideration I have decided that will be my next MD. Terry Soloman on here has one and raves about his, check his stats and look at his threads started.

I am looking to get a Salt water detector. Does anyone own any of these? Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II,WHITE'S Surfmaster PI Dual Field or WHITE'S BeachHunter ID 300 any info about preformance would be great.

The DF is a good machine its found plenty of gold other machines don't pick up... with all detectors there is a learning curve but with time out with it you can get good...

I prefer the DF because the threshold breaks up over wire, bobbiepins and nails meaning I don't dig them... bottlecaps have a muffled tone, iron is a long tone as is can tops... a PI hunter is listening for short narrow tones... plus deep narrow whisper targets...

Used all of them and they are all good detectors. People have used all of them with great success so you won't go wrong with any one you choose. So you're off to a good start right there.

My personal preference? The Tesoro Sand Shark. Why?

1. I just prefer PI detectors over VLF at the beach.

2. I like Tesoros and the Sand Shark is a great beach machine.

3. Its backed by a lifetime warranty.

4. There is a volume control knob on the control panel, something most PI detectors do not offer.

I own a sea hunter 2. I would not recommend it. It doesnt go deep,you cant disrim out Iron, But it ignores minerals in saltwater and can go 200ft under. It does a bad job of discing out anything, I think if I lived in a warm climate I would find much more.:?:

I never knew why Garrett put a discrimination knob on the Sea Hunter. It doesn't work. And the farther you turn the knob, the more depth you lose.

As for the Deetectorpro, I used to like them, but not anymore. Way too many mechanical defects. Finally had to get rid of mine. Sad too. The concept was great.

Back
Top Bottom