Ew AT Pro batteries

Edward1971

Is it normal for the AT Pro to shut it self off when the batteries get low? This the second time it's happened to me . I've only had it less than a month. First batteries came with the AT Pro. Today I use new rechargeable batteries. But I guess the new rechargeable so got wasn't fully charged, because it shut off on me about 15 to 20 min. When I turned it back on it only show one bar. Hope there's nothing is wrong with my new machine. I got from metal detector. Com

I probably should have charged the new one. But I could tell you how old the one one that came with the detector.

Is it normal for the AT Pro to shut it self off when the batteries get low? This the second time it's happened to me . I've only had it less than a month. First batteries came with the AT Pro. Today I use new rechargeable batteries. But I guess the new rechargeable so got wasn't fully charged, because it shut off on me about 15 to 20 min. When I turned it back on it only show one bar. Hope there's nothing is wrong with my new machine. I got from metal detector. Com

Thats the thing about the Pro...you gotta do a battery swap after about 12hrs...no matter what the bars say...they drop off just one click, and it just dont work right...

The good thing is AA's are super cheap...so dont worry about it...just make sure its got fresh ones, and the thing will sling off money all day long! Its that good when its got a full charge....Time and Gold wait for Nobody...With this in mind, We got enough other things to do than try to squeeze AA batt life...Let Tesla worry about that...

EDITED BY MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my AT Gold for a couple of years and have gone through more alkaline AA's than I can possibly remember. I have even tried to go with rechargable AA's but was disappointed by the short battery life and long charging times. No alkaline batteries that I tried, from the dollar store cheapies to expensive Duracells, ever really impressed me enough to keep buying them. My solution was to jump ship from the AA's altogether and go with a RnB rechargable unit. Both John-Edmonton and Kurt from the Hoover Boys recommend it and use them in their machines.

It's a little spendy up front but well worth it. I think I paid around $85 US, seems like a lot but I just cashed in a few months of found clad. I get 40 plus hours per charge and consistent full power down to the last bar. Cold weather and freezing temperatures do not affect it's performance. It recharges fast and has been 100% reliable since purchasing it last November. I don't even carry spare batteries with me anymore and don't miss changing them in the field either. I hunt a lot and can usually do 4 or 5 - 8 hour hunts before even worrying about charging up. That's peace of mind to me and more time to focus on finding treasure. Good luck and happy hunting! :waytogo:

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom