Deus v4 questions

remmy

Forum Supporter
I need a little info from those who have V4 to ease my troubled mind. I downloaded it but keep thinking of reasons to drag my feet installing it. I have become so in tune with 2 programs I use I am afraid they will be different now. I understand I will have to re-create them, no problem. What worries me is if the programs I used as a base to make them are still there. Can anyone please list wich 3.2 programs still exist as well of what new programs exist. I guess if "fast" is still there I will be ok.

Thanks for any help!

Im kinda the same way. Ive learned the nuances of V3.2 pretty well over the last year.

Even though I never use factory programs, my concerns is that my custom programs will sound/react differently on V4.0

Alright,
Version 4.0 programs

Basic 1
Gm power
Deus fast
Pitch
G-Maxx
Deep
Wet beach
Dry beach
Hot
Good field

3.2 programs
Basic 1
Gm power
Deus fast
Pitch
G-Maxx
Relic
Wet beach
Dry beach
Basic 2
Gold field

Now here's an interesting question.
This new pinpointer,,,why didn't Xp keep the 3.2 version operationally as is,,,but add capability in 3.2 program for this new pinpointer.

Realizing some folks would feel maybe like they had got in tune so week with 3.2 version.

Make the differerent versions backwards capable for pinpointer.
Not a bad idea if you ask me.
It is not like Xp is selling version4,, or are they??
Is the bait here the pinpointer and these newer coils???

New manual is online for reference and you can always go back to 3.2 or even 2.0. However, your custom programs get wiped every time you switch back and forth.

Alright,
Version 4.0 programs

Basic 1
Gm power
Deus fast
Pitch
G-Maxx
Deep
Wet beach
Dry beach
Hot
Good field

3.2 programs
Basic 1
Gm power
Deus fast
Pitch
G-Maxx
Relic
Wet beach
Dry beach
Basic 2
Gold field

Now here's an interesting question.
This new pinpointer,,,why didn't Xp keep the 3.2 version operationally as is,,,but add capability in 3.2 program for this new pinpointer.

Realizing some folks would feel maybe like they had got in tune so week with 3.2 version.

Make the differerent versions backwards capable for pinpointer.
Not a bad idea if you ask me.
It is not like Xp is selling version4,, or are they??
Is the bait here the pinpointer and these newer coils???

Thank you Sir!! I wondered the same on the pointer. My primary reason for going to v4 is that I like the idea of the pointer integration. I hunt with earbuds and a few sites are near highways, very noisy. When on a noisy site I put my hearing protectors over my earbuds. This makes it hard to hear the pointer. To add to this, my pointer vibration has stopped working. It is in a box to be sent for warranty repair. The mi6 would be a great solution. Looks like I will be ok with the programs in v4, still may wait a few days though. 19 inches of fresh snow here, no swinging for a while. I'm sure I will want to get right out swinging to test v4!

Thanks again!

Some degree of relearning I think will be needed with using version 4.
I can definitely understand why someone would be clinging to version 3.2,, especially if they are doing well with it.

So should have made 3.2 at least backwards capable for pinpointer.
Been a long time since update,,a lot of folks are really honed in with 3.2 version.

Ashame they missed the boat here.
Don't know how hard it would have been to do,,to incorporate pointer into version 3.2.

Sad part is,,think about this.
Xp likely could have been selling pinpointers all along. They could have made 3.2 capable a while ago for pointer,,,and folks would have been a buying.
Could have called it version 3.3.
Then roll out 4.0 version and these new coils and programs,,and negative disc setting.

Remember there were a few setbacks with version 4.0 in field testing,,,if I read correctly,,,version 4.0 arrived late,,and for a good reason not bad.

But did pointer with 4.0 have problems???
Never did see any comments.

Pointer with 3.3 version release would have been a nice bridge to cross even 6-9 months ago.

This is not be be a hit job,,,just some opinion from a person who has 2 Deus units.

Last edited:
Xy screen/ graphic is program(user setting) dependent,,meaning you can turn on Xy screen in one program,,and see it,,,,,if adjacent program is toggled to,,xy screen if not accessed on this adjacent program will not show up.

I like that.

Also xy screen,,,when it is selected,,,for example in basic one program,,,turn Deus off,,,back on Xy screen is there.

Again,nice,,,,no special accessing this Xy screen playing ring around the Rosie's like versions 3.2

Will be interested to see you throughts on the new default Gary's Hot program.

I have never been a fan of full tones, and perhaps I just never set it up correctly in the past, but it's my favorite now. Targets seems to really jump out more so now. Probably just me, but I have never had so much fun pulling pulltabs and other non-ferrous junk out of nails. That being said I've always been a zero disc hear it all type person to get a feel for the land and it's certainly NOT for everyone.

It's not nearly as effective in lower frequencies. Stick to 18k when using Hot.

I have never been a fan of full tones, and perhaps I just never set it up correctly in the past, but it's my favorite now. Targets seems to really jump out more so now. Probably just me, but I have never had so much fun pulling pulltabs and other non-ferrous junk out of nails. That being said I've always been a zero disc hear it all type person to get a feel for the land and it's certainly NOT for everyone.

Well,
In a little while,,I'll be putting it to the test,,,have Impact along as well.
Will share here what I see with V4 Deus.
Site is rough and busted hard,,,will be interesting to see how long it takes me to even get over a target.

Yeah, weird but I have a blast pulling non ferrous from nails too. Many times it is junk but I found a nice buffalo last week from the nails. It is almost a triumphant feeling knowing you ( and the deus) picked that signal from the machine gun fire!:lol:

Alright,
Deus V4 hunt,
Three and a half hours roughly.

I can already say this based on this short period of using V4 in the wild.

The $1 and $2.50 USA gold coins,,the half dimes,,even the real worn ones,,eagle cuff buttons,,,,all should be shaking in their boots.

Version 4 is no BS folks.
Very solid performer.

Will post a pic in a moment.

This site I've spent a lot of time on,,I call this one of my detector proving grounds site,,,cause it is challenging,,and I take certain models detectors here to just see what happens.

I only ran the hot program on Deus version 4,,, 90 sens ,,,dead on GB,,,reactivity 2.5 silencer -1.

Super signals provided on these targets in pic.

I have dug similar finds in this site with Deus version 2 and 3.2,,So I know what most of them sounded like,,,these targets today BIG difference.

I encourage relic hunters at least to waste no time updating their detectors
to version 4.

So besides the super signals on these targets what else did I see.

Don't know what this means exactly,,,all of these targets but one,,,could not be detected in plug even if the plug was turned right side up.

The harmonica reed was pretty deep,,,and it had a bit of iron twang to it.

I compared hot program to Deus fast program with the same settings dialed in,,,they seem different to me.

I will bet over the last 3 years somebody in the USA with Deus has actually swung over a $1 gold coin,,not that deep mind you,,,and never was alerted.
If they would have had version 4 Deus running in hot program,,this coin would have been recovered.

I checked the mineralization meter,,remember Inwas using 9" coil,,,4 ticks in the meter,,checked in 3 different spots.

Hot program seems a bit sparkier in iron,,,and here is some thing I never notice before with version 3.2. If a person using hot program,,if they hover their coil over iron they will make it sound like a more diggable signal.

I played a bit with negative Disc,,,but I hunted with disc level at 2.5 using full tones.

Version 4 seems to make shakier version 3.2 signals,,and turns them into full fledged good signal.

Big congrats deserving to Xp here,,,I really mean this too.

I expect to see some nice finds made with version 4 Deus runners.

I have been hunting this site for 6 years,,on and off,,mostly on,,,today,,for time hunted my most productive hunt,,and to think I was wet behind the ears with version 4,,,,this should tell folks some thing,,,it does me.

The three finds top left are ferrous,,the rest nonferrous.
This site has never produced much for me over the years,,straight across the road,,that spot has been a lot better for me,,,now I got to hunt it using version 4. No telling what I'll find,,that is where the contemporary capped bust dime was found.

Last edited:
Very interesting, but Im not sure what you meant by this:

Quote: Don't know what this means exactly,,,all of these targets but one,,,could not be detected in plug even if the plug was turned right side up.

Was that in V4.0?

Very interesting, but Im not sure what you meant by this:

Quote: Don't know what this means exactly,,,all of these targets but one,,,could not be detected in plug even if the plug was turned right side up.

Was that in V4.0?

Yep.
Had to bust plugs on all to get Deus to detect with my hunt settings.

Everything sounds very promising, but when you got to the..having to bust plugs part to get a good signal....Im still not understanding what that means.

It was a good signal before you dug, then you couldnt obtain signal when target was in plug?

Everything sounds very promising, but when you got to the..having to bust plugs part to get a good signal....Im still not understanding what that means.

It was a good signal before you dug, then you couldnt obtain signal when target was in plug?

With the plug on top of ground,,,and swinging over no detection of find,,roll plug and change its orientation a few more times,,still no detection.
Start busting plug with my foot or shovel,,,then it could be detected.
Most plugs had to be dismantle to practically just loose layed dirt laying flatter before Deus would detect.

I have seen this before using Deus and other detectors,,,but never this high percentage of plugs dug.

Good write up TN. I noticed that the default Hot program disc setting has changed from 4.0 beta to 4.0 final. In beta it was -6.4. Now its 6.5.

Just to be clear here folks,,,I don't know if why these targets were found is due to,,,Version 4 doing better unmasking in iron,,or better separation,,or even better unmasking in my dirt.

I guarantee it is one of the three or a combination of at least 2,, maybe all 3.

Those little flat buttons hardly ever give a robust signal using either version 2.0 or 3.2 versions.

Notice the little musket ball in pic,,,even it gave a strong signal.
I have dug quite a few of the them with Deus using 3.2...but they are usually dodgy sounding. This site today is part of a 193 acre farm btw.

I see version 4 so far as ,,,, relic hunters can dig every bit as much using version 4,,and not have to bear down it seems,,or even chase a bunch of iffy signals.

This seems very promising and perhaps like getting a new detector.

Its nice that you have two Deus's and took the time not only for the test, but giving us users the results. Look forward to more posts.

Thx tnss

Back
Top Bottom