Suggestions

kc_hhsl

Live in rural Coloradon out on the eastern plains.
Hope this isn't a duplicate ...

I've been away from detecting - life got involved :lol: Anyhow I've recently moved to the eastern plains of Colorado ... rural America. My available time for hobbies is expanding ... so time to go out detecting.

I'll be hunting on old farm sites, rural schools, parks, etc. I'm thinking about a new detector. Mine were bought in 2005 - a Minelab Musketeer and a Tesoro silver micro max. If I do - looking to spend $500 ... so what would you recommend?

I'm looking - assuming technology has improved them. Is this the case?

At that price point I'd recommend AT Pro. Great all around machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The machines you have are still great machines but if you want to upgrade AT Pro is good and so is the T2. Guy on the detectors for sale page has an F70 nearly new for $350. That is a great one too.

ATpro Fisher f70 Whites MXT (used) T2 (green one) Tesoro Outlaw pkg deal.

Ya need to figure out what type of hunts ya gonna be doing then ya find a machine that would suit your purpose best.

I have only been MD ing for few years but I have played with lot of the older machines and yes things have come along way.....

Fisher F75 or F70; Tesoro Vaquero if you don't care about digital readout screen. Your silver uMax is still a good turn on and hunt detector, and they are still making them. You don't need to get anything right away, until you know what works best in your new hunting area. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom