Seems Deus version 4 is within hours of release

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
They are ahead of us here in the USA time wise,,,could come any time.

I have done some reading about version 4,,, some interesting things about target reporting. Maybe some improvements.

Will download as soon as it shows up.
And get to testing and using.
And comparing to version 3.2

They are ahead of us here in the USA time wise,,,could come any time.

I have done some reading about version 4,,, some interesting things about target reporting. Maybe some improvements.

Will download as soon as it shows up.
And get to testing and using.
And comparing to version 3.2

I am thinking of downloading V4 into one of my remotes and keeping the other remote at V3.2 to do some comparisons.

I am thinking of downloading V4 into one of my remotes and keeping the other remote at V3.2 to do some comparisons.

As long as you have coils for each remote,,,good idea.
I'm hearing they have given a lower disc option,,,sounds like they moved it,,,just maybe the low murmur nonferrous targets I keep referring to,,,they will report with higher tone sound.

I thought the Minelab lawsuit was preventing its release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Please note this is from the UK importers of XP.

"9 HF coils are being released today Monday 13th.

V4 is being released on Tuesday 14th March"

Just upgraded from 4.0 beta to 4.0 final without any problems. Thanks for letting us know! :cheers:

Rattlehead did you uninstall the beta loader from your computer or did the final sagely overwrite it?

One of my units complete version. 4 installed.

First run over 9" deep dime,,,didn't like what I heard..
Will reevaluate and report back.

Alright,,done a few more tests,,,cold here,,so not many.
Preliminary results,,I like it.

Here's why Inhad my problem earlier.

It seems,,and Imcould be mistaken,,but,,deep mode is its own mode,,meaning you try to configure say basic 1 with same settings,,,you won't get the same performance vs using Deep mode.

So this deep program is new entirely.
Also,,now this is just preliminary,,,seems to be audio over deeper targets,,,,the old audio response level setting of 5 using version. 3.2,,using deep mode version 4,,,if you use level 5 audio report,,,a might whopping signal to hear.

I compared on 9" deep dime.

Also,,,seems emi was less so in deep mode vs say basic 1 program configured the same way setting wise.

Seems Deus in deep mode is chewing through my mineralized soil better.
Users in miler ground may not notice as much jmo.

Will need to run in one of my iron infested sites,,,,to see if these heavily mask nonferrous give the lower murmur tone.
Just based on what
I have seen so far,,,if I had to bet right now,,,they will sound better,,,how much is the big question.

More testing,,I will do for sure.
Later

Heading to Culpeper for a hunt this weekend so I am going to hold off on updating my units until I get back. By then the traffic on the download will be less and I will have time to learn the changes. As it is I am already learning my fist PI unit at this hunt and will be using my Deus to fall back on.

A word of caution.

V1.9 to V2.0, no problems.

V3:0 : V3.1 : V3.2 it was when the 'real field testers' you and I tested V3.0 out in the field did XP find there was a software problem in the V3.0 updates.

....Doug.

PS. XP probe should be released in the UK in approx. 2 weeks time.

Back
Top Bottom