Ready Shovel Belt Holster

5 mile

Forum Supporter
I bought a Ready Shovel holster for my T-handle Sampson about 1 year ago.

I had noticed recently a crack forming in the plastic carrier portion of the holster, until it finally broke off, so I contacted the manufacturer and expressed my concern.

They sent out a replacement plastic portion at no charge and had it in days.

They stand behind their product.

Made of very thick leather and I wouldn't be w/o my holster for carrying my shovel, especially in fields or woods.

Attachments

• IMAG0638[1].jpg
    IMAG0638[1].jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMAG0653[1].jpg
    IMAG0653[1].jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 262
The rivets on mine had broken through the leather. I cut those out and used two 1/4 x 20 nuts and bolts, a little gorrila glue. It's been holding good going on 3 years.

The rivets on mine had broken through the leather. I cut those out and used two 1/4 x 20 nuts and bolts, a little gorrila glue. It's been holding good going on 3 years.

I'm also using the screw/nut hardware after having the stock assy coming loose and getting lost. My plastic has also broken after tons of usage, Dennis quickly sent a replacement plastic section.

I had used a tad of thread lock after seeing the screw/nut assy working loose again...that made it impossible to disassemble, which lead to me using the 1/4 x 20 screw. They should really have a slot on both sides on the factory unit.

I love the carrier and used them for many years. Y'all check the assembly from time to time for looseness.

i use to work with plastic that is made abs plastic i could make those easy that stuff easy to heat but if I made one i think i would put a belt clip on it , that looks like 1/6th or 3/32 thick , i use to mold and been that stuff all the time , i might have some thing around i can make one and post it on here i am thinking about it :D

I make most of my own sheaths and holders. I see a lot of people who use to small of rivets or screws and they just pull through the material. With small screws and rivets you need some kind of a larger washer under them to prevent that from happening.

Back
Top Bottom