Looking for Hunting Buddy in the Eastern NC area

hello, here's some advice

Hi Rocky Mount,

I lived in RM back in the 80s for 8 years. Really loved eastern NC area.

Good luck on finding a hunting buddy, but if you're just getting started and empty handed regarding hunting sites, don't expect buddies to come out of the woodwork <g>.

My advice to you is not to rely on finding a buddy; get out and act on any contacts you have, make as many contacts as you can, and go detecting on your own as much as you can. Tell everybody you know you are MDing and ask them if they know any good prospects, either locations or property owners.

Detect where you can and leave good impressions. Courtesy, respect for the property, etc. Lots of old homesites down your way as well as CW encampments, travel corridors, skirmishes, raids. Old colonial properties on the major creeks and rivers!

Develop your own detecting spots and you'll have all the hunting buddies you care to worry about stealing your spots. Said tongue in cheek, but it happens.

If you can find one or two folks that meet you halfway in all aspects of the research, travel, permission seeking and obtaining involved, count yourself very lucky.

Main thing is to get out and detect. It's the finds you make that lead to constantly making the effort to acquire more and better sites to detect.

Good luck and HH!

Hi All,
Thanks for the insight and words of wisdom. I just recently bought a Kayak so plan on looking along the TAR river for some possible sites or old camps. Since it is colder here I don't have to worry about the cotton mouths/water snakes! I will post some of my finds once and when I find something!
RC

Back
Top Bottom