Lincoln Nebraska field Hunt

Planted hunt (silver coins, just clad???) or just whatever is there?

Yeah? Clue us in a little bit...any seeded speed hunts? Perhaps theres a write up with pics from last years we could go take a look at.?..if you got a link for that..
thanks!
Mud

Yeah? Clue us in a little bit...any seeded speed hunts? Perhaps theres a write up with pics from last years we could go take a look at.?..if you got a link for that..
thanks!
Mud
Last years got cancelled I recall.

I hardly ever get up to Lincoln but this may be a good reason to. I will send an email.

Just received the sign up sheet and I am in! Gave the wife at least a 60 day notice:laughing: , marked it on the calendar, filled it out and it's in an envelope ready to get dropped in the mail this afternoon. I will just have to give up one day of turkey hunting but I think it will be worth it.:D Thank you for the opportunity for this! Hope to meet some of you guys from this forum.

Going to try and make it. Our Topeka clubs hunt is the next day but anxious to
meet some area forum members.:wave:

This will be a seeded hunt. Tokens will be planted. as well as some silver planted as well. This is an old air base so you may also find a relic or old coin as well.

Sounds great bob. I'm gonna mark the calendar and hope I can get that weekend off. Would love to meet some fellow detectors from nearby as well as forum people!

As we are on the subject of group or seeded hunts, can any explain how they actually work?
I mean do we all just go to an area and away we go? Or do we all have certain assigned areas?....Can we bring multiple machines?...I'm excited to go to one...just never really heard how they work or what the general rules r.

On a seeded hunt say a quarter hunt, a person pays a fee to get in that specific hunt. The organizers of the hunt will rope off a area for the hunt and bury quarters in the area. Tokens for prizes can be buried in the area also if
offered. At a specific time all of the hunters that are entered for that hunt, usually have a badge, surround the roped area and when a signal is given, everyone looks for the targets. Its usually a competition environment so speed in targeting and recovering a target is a must. Any type of detector and coil is
usually OK to use unless the organizers specify otherwise. Here is a youtube video of one of the Topeka clubs hunts. Had a rainy start but turned out great. Hunts are usually rain or shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57xvs2TI24c

Thanks KS coyote..I'm excited to see that video..I don't get good enough signal to watch youtube at work..lol but will check it out when home. I'm not sure how much I'd actually enjoy competing against other derectorists...I've only ever hunted by myself these past few years. But I would enjoy a friendly hunt with fellow hunters to just bs about detecting and cool finds. Having no one to hunt with may have spoiled me by the fact least when I'm hunting alone, it's not a competition and I'm just out enjoying the hobby and nature...but I'm sure game to try one if I can.

Here's a picture of Lincoln AFB in 1960.

picture.php

This turned out to be a great hunt with great prizes! Everyone looked to be having a good time and it was great to meet some fellow forum members. I would highly suggest anyone one of any skill level to attend this hunt next year. You won't be disappointed!

Back
Top Bottom