Soil Types

Uaplumber23

How much of an impact does soil type have on depth of coins? I have a favorite local park from the 1900's that I hunted all last summer and the ground is so full of tabs and bottle caps that you literally get a signal in almost every swing. Deepest I have found anything there is 7" with my Etrac. Long story short, there was a large area about a half acre where they shaved off the top 8-10 inches of ground for a walking path/playground project. I saw this and thought bingo, easy score for some oldies. I Searched the whole area and not one coin. The signals were so scarce I ended up running with no discrimination. Could it be possible that nothing is real deep because of the soil?

Thanks
Bryan

How much of an impact does soil type have on depth of coins? I have a favorite local park from the 1900's that I hunted all last summer and the ground is so full of tabs and bottle caps that you literally get a signal in almost every swing. Deepest I have found anything there is 7" with my Etrac. Long story short, there was a large area about a half acre where they shaved off the top 8-10 inches of ground for a walking path/playground project. I saw this and thought bingo, easy score for some oldies. I Searched the whole area and not one coin. The signals were so scarce I ended up running with no discrimination. Could it be possible that nothing is real deep because of the soil?

Thanks
Bryan

Sure if the soil was clay. Maybe they shaved off a lot more than 8 to 10 inches also.

Back
Top Bottom